2016 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Unimane, Jul 22, 2016.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Tell him to save the rest of that absinthe for a special occasion.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Because he's gotten a lot of platform concessions, and he's got her to where when she doesn't make good on them (and she will not make good on them. See Obama, who is more center-left than Fox News acknowledges), it will become a major pivot point for the DNC going forward. The DNC is going to be going Left, whether the establishment likes it or not. Either that or it will die on the vine along with the Republican Party.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Neither party understands their base.

4. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

They're just nuisances, aren't they?

5. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Politcians disconnected from their constituency? Say it ain't so.

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

God help us if we look at the current state of the country and think ... Yeah, we need to move the democrats further left and create groups like the tea party on the right.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Meh, I think some more "left" ideas on healthcare would do a lot of good.

The DNC chair will no longer speaking at the convention. Looks like she may actually go down for this. Though we know she is just falling on the sword.

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

9. Unimane

Appears so, and good riddance. I've never been a big fan of hers and, if her underhandedness would help cause a Trump presidency, then she should rightfully be a pariah. Bernie, as it stands, now has some great leverage to get his policies more a part of the platform and gain more influence. I get the sense that he truly would prefer his philosophies become implemented than he become president. He's got a prime spot in the upcoming convention and wields some significant influence with his numerous supporters.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Clinton Campaign Manager: Russians Gave Hacked DNC Emails To Wikileaks In Attempt To Elect Trump

Clinton campaign manager Robby Mook tells CNN's 'State Of The Union' on Sunday morning that a vast conspiracy is behind the release of damaging DNC emails this week. He puts forward the theory that the Russians hacked the DNC, and then gave that information to Wikileaks, who released it at the perfect moment in order to help elect Donald Trump.

"Sources are saying the Russians are releasing these emails for the purpose of actually Helping Donald Trump," he said. "I don't think it is coincidental that these emails are released on the eve of the [Democratic National] Convention."

"And that is distubring, I think we need to be concerned about that. We also saw last week at the Republican convention that Trump and his allies made changes to the Republican platform to make it more pro-Russian."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...s_to_wikileaks_in_attempt_to_elect_trump.html

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

i laughed at the first.

Debbie Dillrods being saceificed for letting the Clintons run roughshod over the party.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That is the weakest spin I've ever seen. Why not just say Osama Bin Laden's ghost forged the emails?

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

She's trying to say she can "weather" this, but scuttle-butt is that she's going to be shit-canned by Obama and DNC leadership by the end of the day.

I won't lie, I want my pound of flesh even though it is virtually meaningless and empty. She's so damn smug that her personal misery will give some satisfaction. I hope she loses to that professor running for her seat, too. I donated money to him. I donated more to him than I did Bernie.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

The help trump angle is just idiotic and a lie.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know anything about it, but the Russian rumor was out there when the servers first got hacked months ago.

I don't believe Russian Intelligence is foolish enough to assume the impact of such a move. This doesn't help Trump. There is worse stuff directly connected to Hillary already out there.

16. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I've never liked her. You're spot on regarding her smugness. Whenever she comes on I turn her off; can't handle even a few seconds.

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

The rumor? Funny.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

She's no more than a Clinton appointee. She's of the same cloth. Worthless, lying POS who has used the role for money.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

She says she will step down at the "end" of the convention. I don't see that going well.

20. Unimane

She's not doing anything during the convention. Why wait? By the end of the convention, I don't think it will be a huge deal. There will be so many new stories emerging during the four days that the short attention span news cycle will have moved on.