2016 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Unimane, Jul 22, 2016.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

She says she is opening and closing the convention. Donna Brazile said that this is the first leak of many emails that will come over the next week.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have no idea who did what or why. All I know is that blaming the leaker for "helping Trump" is dumb. The corruption happening helped Trump, not the leak. It only underlines his point regarding the political process. It's rigged.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Which her being the fall person doesn't really matter to the larger machinery, but she deserves it.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

It was pretty obvious the game was rigged down to even a precinct level. I don't know what else will come out in the emails, but the sky is the limit in terms of how bad it could be. Might be big enough to make a major difference in the polls. The young idealists of Sanders aren't going to swallow this turd. Just not in the nature of the younger generation. Heck, I don't want to swallow this turd.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Hillary is the POS that deserves it. Obama is just a stupid POS. She's a legit crooked, dirty POS.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Good luck getting to her, she might as well be Queen. Or Emperor Palpatine.

And the woman taking the fall is a big reason why Hillary is in the position she is in. The insurgency from liberal independents was going to swing it away from her. Sanders was polling ahead of her nationally throughout, but they did a perversely excellent job of undermining him state by state as they came up.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

And if I'm a democrat, I leave the party over the concerted move to avoid popular vote.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Leave it to where? Membership is free, and I can vote the individuals worth voting for in the primaries. Believe me, I don't vote dem in DC generals. I vote independent and third party because the dems here are corrupt as **** and the honest ones can't win primaries. If asked, I'm saying I'm voting Gary Johnson or Green to try and get them into the debates.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Now she's officially resigning at the end of the convention. I don't feel satisfied. **** this shit and **** Clinton.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

She is going to open, close, and speak.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

The boo-birds will be out in force.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Kasich says Trump cannot win Ohio. Time to move the Dem story to the back burner and focus and analysis his statement.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I want a fiscally conservative candidate that doesn't give a shit what two legal adults do, be it marriage or abortions or smoking weed.

14. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

You're gonna have to wait until all the old folks die off.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Welcome to my party. Gary Johnson

16. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Yeah that's Gary Johnson.

17. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

But Sanders lost by 3.8M votes.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Never vote for them again. I'd vote Hohnson or write in.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not that simple. Hundreds of thousands of votes in NY weren't counted for no clear reason in districts that were 80%+ pro-Sanders, for example. Registered democrats mysteriously weren't registered anymore before the votes in closed primaries (This actually happened to me too, and I had been nothing but a voting dem in Colorado for 5 years. I had to bring letters from the DNC and ironically from the Clinton campaign to prove I had been a democrat and there was an error. This "error" happened to millions of democrats and almost all were under 35.) And that popular vote doesn't include caucus states in which Sanders did very well, generally. And even then, you can't cite results that were undermined as proof that the undermining didn't matter. That's circular logic.

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The woman for the Green Party is against vaccinations like they're evil. It doesn't get anymore anti science than that