Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 1, 2016.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I want these guys walking around with SEC championship rings next year. No excuses, no B/S.

2. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

#teamzygote

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Weird how we've had around 2,500 openings the last couple of years and the only interest Butch has garnered was some manufactured smoke from his buddy in Ann Arbor while Harbaugh's lawyers were reviewing his contract.

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

You guys are going to be crying your asses off when Lyle is coaching on Sundays next year.

5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Hopefully he was on his hands and knees in the middle of I-40.

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

8. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Bulk of our two deep is back. Both kickers. Pretty much everyone else is back.

Few JUCOs coming in, Gaulden returns.

Favorable schedule as we've had in a long time.

9. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

There is less than zero reason to lose to Florida next year. And we should be better than A&M. Georgia might be a bit of an X-factor--depends on how Smart is--and we'll lose to Alabama. Anything worse than 10-2 is a disappointment, and 11-1 with a trip to Atlanta with the playoff on the line is completely in play.

It'd be nice if we developed something in the passing game, and we're going to need some DBs to step up.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Gaulden better be better than Eric Berry with the all the games the Knoxville media claims we'd have won with him on the field.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't care how good Smart is, it's his first season as a head coach and the roster isn't that great. We should beat them.

12. Tar Volon

Georgia has a good roster. You don't become a professional talent squanderer without talent to squander.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They'll have the typical coaching change attrition. They have no QB, nothing special at RB other than a really good one that may or may not be good again. Malcolm Mitchell is gone and none of the other wideouts have done much. Three OL starters gone. Losing a ton in the defensive front seven. Nothing about them scares me. We run them out of the stadium this year if we didn't spend 30 minutes crapping our pants.

14. Tar Volon

I mean, I'm not exactly projecting them atop the division, but when you've been recruiting a bunch of blue chips for years and years, you can lose good players and get better (hi, Clemson). Just need the coaching to be there.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Just don't see any way they aren't horrible on offense. Definitely have nothing at QB if Lambert was the best they had this year. And nobody stood out at RB after Chubb. And if there's one thing Richt was able to do, it was get running backs to produce. Maybe the defense is solid, but new guys and new system makes me think they aren't taking a step forward right away.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We will be heavily favored in every game except for Bama.

17. Tar Volon

I doubt that. I mean, nine out of twelve I'd buy, but even if we're favored in Athens and College Station, I don't see it being heavy.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

A&M sucks. Maybe UGA, but A&M is on the downswing.

19. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Very good chance both of those teams will start true freshmen QBs. UGA at least. A&M may just start a guy who sucks.

20. Tar Volon

Sure, but both of them have names and HFA. I doubt we'll be favored by more than 4-5 points in either case.