Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yep.

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Victory Formation ftw

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Rome Red, German Pink, Mr. Stripey Yellow or Cherokee Purple?

4. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

He seems like the Mr. Stripey type

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Have you listened to him? Has to be celebrity.

6. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I want Evan to play offense/defense and special teams.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Have him go ahead and coach late game situations, too.

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Sadly, this would be better than most of the current play calling.

9. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

My God, that is brilliant, absolutely brilliant. Too bad your penchant for coaching is going to waste.

10. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

The smart money should agree, but Ii can see UT blowing a game like this. We have many VATech fans here in the Bristol area, and they sure are becoming obnoxious, so a loss would be hard to live with.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Like, after the first quarter, after the script is finished.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

They were already running their mouths at the race in August.

Guy asked me what the score was last time we played. I said since we're talking about history, tell me how many national championships you have.

13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

2016?

Undefukingfeated

14. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

As down as I am on Butch and as much as I stay on the more pessimistic side as a defense mechanism it would be hard to think the team loses more than 2 regular season games next season. Especially if we get 2 more competent coordinators in the next few days.

I'll drag my crystal ball out after spring practice but right now I say we lose 1 game in the regular season - to Alabama. But with Botch showing tremendous abilities to suck ass I could also see us losing to Bama, Florida, and either Va Tech, A&M, or Georgia. If the man loses 3 regular season games next season with this roster it would just prove that the moron can't coach. I'd rather just hope that he wins in spite of his ineptitude so maybe next year can at least be fun.

Next year is THE year. It will be a down 2017 and with a less than stellar recruiting class right now for this year this may be his one real shot. I wouldn't bet money on him not tripping over his vagina though.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

he's just a terrible coach. There isn't any other way to put it and that works against us in every close game.

16. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Dave Hart when questioned about a 11-1 season today on Sports Animal said it was possible depending on how many close games we had, saying that three or four were likely.

Your assessment gives his words their full meaning. He knows Butch is a liability in close games.

17. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

You think firing Jancek shows that Botch is getting desperate for answers? Jancek didn't have a bad year. Maybe he's just a convenient scapegoat.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

A mix of both. I'm sure this will help with some of the negative recruiting some too, with Butch using Jancek as the scapegoat to recruits

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It doesn't appear as a desperation move to me. Jancek did some really stupid things off the field and he's not a good enough coach to keep around with the distractions that brings.

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Off field issues are being overlooked a lot.