2017 Predictions.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Jun 20, 2017.

1. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Coin toss..I think we have a marvelous year or a bad year.

I think we have the talent on O to march up and down the field and score often. O line could be the best in a decade. Kelly is a fine back and the new kid is supposedly a beast. WR is loaded with young but talented players. Development! Will it happen?

D loaded at starter with talent on the line. Very good starting LB. Tons of talent in the secondary. Development of that talent was a bust last year and still thin at LB and the line. This D could be special or be a couple of injuries away from total suckage.

Can the new coaches develop the players better than the old ones. Can Gulickson deliver for us in the trenches?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  2. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I see no reason to believe any OL led by the head clown would be effective.

3. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

We lose them all, because, well, Butch.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's an extremely talented oline. Robertson is a good guard, Richmond is a 5 star guy, Smith is a 5 star guy, Jones has played well when he's gotten on the field and Thomas is a good center when healthy.

The only reason the oline isn't good is due to coaching. I wish more people understood that.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I agree. This is either a 10-2/11-1 team or a 5-7/6-6 team.

The only place there isn't a ton of depth is tailback

6. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Definitely can't afford injury there. If we can stay healthy I think we have a decent 1-2 punch with Kelly and Chandler. OL has talent, but as you said, terrible coaching.

Hopefully they can overcome the bad coaching.

My hope is we go 10-2, 11-1, Butch uses it as a platform to get out of here and we win both ways.

7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Ain't got a clue really.
    I think this is his best D staff and there is enough talent on that side to be solid.
    O is more of a question. Is the OL Better? Will they throw it well enough to erase Dobbs overall production? Is Scott in the ballpark of ready to run an offense?

The east sucks, and 9 should be the low water mark by now.
    I could see 6-6 to 9-3

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

injuries aside, if he could only win 8 last year, I see no reason be could win more.

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I don't see a 10-2 team. I see a ceiling of 8.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

8 wins should be fine. We can probably get at least 2 championships out of that.

11. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

That was my point.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I know, I don't know why I quoted you. It pisses me off when people use youth or talent in regards to the oline.

13. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

If he can get wins over Tech , UGA and Vandy, he will be both champions of Georgia and Tennessee.

Maybe he can get the team trophies with a peach on top for the Georgia one.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Not going to lie, if we beat tech and uga and he declared us Georgia State champs, I'd laugh.

I had an Alabama state champs tee shirt in 98 I found for 5 dollars somewhere when we beat bama, auburn, and uab.

15. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Yeah, it kinda sounds like something Spurrier would say. The difference being to Spurrier it's a zinger, to Butch it is an accomplishment.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yep.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think that's what pisses me off about Butch being hired more than anything.

He's a ****ing loser, not as a coach, but as a person.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Spurrier: Can't spell Citrus without UT!

Butch: Damn straight!

19. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

This made me laugh and that kinda pisses me off because it's true.

20. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Jones would have claimed that Spurrier is one of the coaches who was telling him he was doing a great job.