2017 Predictions.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Jun 20, 2017.

1. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

I predict 7-5 or 6-6.

Early on our offense struggles and Butch completely botches the ensuing QB controversy - caving into public pressure at every opportunity.

Defense holds up reasonably well, and we end up Independence Bowl or Liberty bowl champs. And how in the hell can you fire a guy who has taken us to 4 straight bowl championships?

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The only game I am actively preparing to watch this year is our first game, the one against Tech. After that, I will probably only see a game if I happen across it while sitting on the couch.

But who am I kidding, I know I will end up watching 80% of the games. But I plan on using my saturdays a bit better than watching that shit sandwich being made.

3. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I will watch every game. At least, early on.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Don't get in the habit of running errands or going to movies during Tennessee games....it'll spoil you from ever going back.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I pretty well dvr every game now unless it's on in the evening. We pretty much go to the lake every weekend from June until October and I would rather be out with the family in the water than inside watching a shit show. I watch the games later at night (if it's worth it).

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sincerely, good for you. That sounds like a better way to spend your weekends. I hope everyone wears sunblock.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Funny you say that. I got toasted last weekend. I forgot to put sunblock on and got burnt pretty good. I usually put something on but the sun was out off and on and it was breezy (very decieving). It was a major lesson learned. Kiddos are always covered. Mom is crazy about them having sunblock on. Only burn I plan on getting the rest of the year is the one Butch gives me when we lose to a shitty team.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I hunt a lot and watch them at night

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, I am pretty diligent but I messed up last weekend too. I was back in Colorado and hiking at 13,000 ft. My forehead is a lot paler and a lot bigger than it was the last time I did that. One application was not enough.

10. NorrisAlan

Especially at 13,000 feet. It is always interesting to look at someone like the Tibetans that live their entire life at high altitude. By the time they are 45 their faces look like wrinkled shoe leather.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Being sun burnt definitely sucks badly.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Black privilege.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

A day after the summer solstice, too. Ya, white folks burn in about 5 minutes up there. Black folks burn in about 15. If you notice, Tibetans wear a lot of hats for a reason!

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

shoot, I have seen a wicked bad sunburn on a black dude once. blisters and such.

15. NorrisAlan

Wife comes home this morning from the gym and she says she met a UT player interning at the gym. Said his name was Elliot Something.

It was Elliot Berry.

16. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Ooooh, ooooh, what do I get to appropriate? Judging by my credit score it's your good credit.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Since 1995, I think I have missed watching or listening to two games live. One due to a wedding (State 07) and the other because of a men's retreat last year (SC Jr.).

Only way that will change this year is if boy's football schedule interferes, and I'll still probably have headset on.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I was pretty close to that. I think Wyoming in 2008 was the last one I'd missed until 2016. I missed a bunch last season.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I've missed one here or there for various reasons. i was flying during the ohio game last year. not sorry

20. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

I miss the first game most seasons due to vacation but I catch every game after that.