2018-2019 College Basketball thread/NCAA Tournament Talk

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bostonvol, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Have you watched them play? I’ve watched a number of ACC teams play on multiple occasions, and UNC has always seemed to fall into its own group between Duke/UVA (top 5) and UL/VT (top 20).

I’ve always wondered if their win over Gonzaga the game after we beat them means as much as us giving them their first loss. I also watched them get handled by Michigan and destroyed by Louisville.

I’m no expert by any means, but I’ve just never been very impressed by them.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

There are 5 rankings in the top 10 between 5 and 20...

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

By between, I meant more towards the middle. That would be the 12-13 slot.

That said, in looking at the rankings, I’m not really sure which teams I’d put ahead of them to get them out of the top 10.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Holy shit, how did that not go in? Duke so lucky.

5. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

I’m obviously biased, but if you asked me to guess UNC’s ranking just from watching them play, I also would put them in the 12-16 range. I’m sure their schedule gives them a very comparatively strong resume, though.

I still fully expect Virginia to make a Final Four soon. I think Bennett typically has a great team and has mostly just lost a few slugfests with Izzo in the tournament. Their style lets inferior teams stay close, especially if they can make 3s, but they’ve also shut down a lot of great offenses.

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I usually hate watching them. But seeing them go ~75% from three was pretty entertaining yesterday.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Belmont and Murray will be a helluva basketball game tonight.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

TCU on the bubble at 6-11 in conference play?

Jesus.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Belmont has a lefty with some game and NBA potential.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Indiana, losers of 12 out of 13 games at one point this season, also on the bubble.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Murray's got a kid that might go as high as #3.

Ssmiff likes this.
  12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

which is funny to me considering he's a sophomore and had zero rankings that I remember.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

LSU sitting Smart tonight against Vandy. No coach and no Smart. Can Vandy pull it off?

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Has UVA relied this heavily on the 3 all season?

15. Ssmiff

Wish Alexander could hit that top of key 3 like Va big man. Would make our offense much easier to run.

16. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

They average 20 three-point attempts per game. So this is not that much out of character.

17. Ssmiff

Va is good due to Ty Jerome drawing the d or running pick and roll with good spot up shooters. Havent seen an inside game at all

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Both offensive foul calls on Barrett have been questionable.

19. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Just saw that LSU is also sitting Naz Reid tonight in addition to Smart. Shit, meet fan.

20. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

LSU says Reid is out due to “injuries” from the Florida game. So we’re supposed to believe he’s too hurt to play tonight even though he didn’t leave the Florida game. Ok.