2018-2019 College Basketball thread/NCAA Tournament Talk

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bostonvol, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So did you just overlook the 40% performance against Miss St this year? Or did you actively omit a performance that didn’t support your narrative and hope I wouldn’t look at their schedule? While we’re there, what about 38% against Oklahoma? How about 33% performances @UNC and against South Carolina last year? Do those not count?

But you’re right man. The guy who has the record for most career 3 pointers in NCAA history and is a career 44% 3-point shooter set an NCAA tournament record for most missed 3’s without a make today for no reason whatsoever outside of his opponent’s length and athleticism. If they had played a smaller, less athletic team, he would have lit it up, no doubt.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I hope Purdue is getting their best performance of the tournament out of the way. It’ll be hard to beat them if they play this well against us.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I knew they were good. I’m glad this is happening. We need to understand what we’re up against and not think we are going to play a Mississippi State or Florida or something.

Not that I have any illusions about tomorrow being a gimme.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

No way to take them lightly now, assuming we win tomorrow.

A-Smith likes this.
  5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Auburn on fire from 3 early. They live and die by that three ball, but they really look like a team that can beat anybody when they’re hitting.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Auburn played poorly in game one and looks awesome now. Kansas routes their first round opponent and looks rough now.

Hoping we have a similar flip flop between game 1 and game 2 performance.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Harper looks like The Boy Marlo from The Wire.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

6-8 from 3 with 12 minutes left in the first.

Part of me thinks I’d love another shot at Auburn. The more rational part of me is glad there’s virtually no chance we have to play them again.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Goodness. Give me that rematch right now. Find me a hotel room in Minneapolis while you’re at it.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I think Auburn reaches and fouls so god damn much that refs are essentially forced to call the game in their favor. If they called everything, Auburn would have multiple guys fouled out by half time.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Announcer just said something that I said multiple times in our games against Auburn:

“That’s one of those long offensive rebounds where, what are you gonna do about that?”

The number of lucky bounces they get off of those long 3’s that just go right back to their own players is astounding to me.

He also just called out the no calls as well.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We remember bruce blowing a 20 point lead in the tournament right?

A-Smith likes this.
  13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Auburn's guards are kicking ass right now

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Maybe he just needed to the other coach to be Rick Barnes.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Assuming this lead holds, the Big 12 will be down to OU (plays UVA) and Texas Techn(plays Buffalo).

Those are both very losable games. Would be funny if they didn’t have a single Sweet 16 team.

16. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

This is a basketball TKO. Kansas has mailed it in.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Youve said more negative than positive about this 30-5 team and coach for a month.
    Dont recall you being like that before.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm still getting my money's worth for paying to watch the team mail it in last Sunday

Ssmiff likes this.
  19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

They’ve virtually eliminated Lawson from the game. Kansas can hardly get him the ball, and even when they do, Auburn has gotten away with hacking the shit out of him.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

12-20 from 3. Our losses to them keep looking better and better.

When this game ends, 4 of our 5 losses will have come against Sweet 16 teams. And the 1 non Sweet 16 team will have lost to one of the other teams we lost to.