2018-2019 College Basketball thread/NCAA Tournament Talk

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bostonvol, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Lol what a joke. How do you leave a guy that wide open?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

hehehe bama

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Down goes Duke.... at home.

IP likes this.
  4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

To a team that just got thumped by Georgia Tech. Makes all the sense in the world

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Duke is young and fatigued.

They have enormous talent... but their youth and lack of depth is going to hurt them.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Duke's PG went down early when they were rolling and were a much different team without him. No Jones would be a very bad situation for them.

I also think Virginia will be #1 in both polls if they beat Duke on Saturday. Michigan is good, too, but I haven't been blown away by them. The Big Ten sucks.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

This was one of those games that fool me into believing I could gamble and make money. I thought it was a real possibility when I saw the matchup this morning.

In reality, I am right about 40 or 45% of the time and just have confirmation bias. Unless I lean into that and reverse the picks from my gut, and then I am "right" about 40 or 45 % of the time.

RockyHill likes this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've been trying to think of the scenarios that could occur this week that would leave Tennessee as the #1 (not that it really matters). Obviously Tennessee must win tonight and Saturday over Arkansas and Alabama. UVA would need to lose to at least one of Virginia Tech or Duke. Michigan would probably need to lose to Wisconsin as well. If Duke beats UVA, it is possible they remain #1 regardless of what Michigan and Tennessee do this week.

All Tennessee can do is keep winning and wait to have the best record in the Power 5.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Legit feel bad for Boeheim with his accident on sidelines last night. That's tough.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don’t think a win over UVA saves Duke’s spot at the top, nor do I think a UVA win over a Duke team that could easily be 0-2 in their last 2 necessarily propels them over UT and Michigan.

I’m not sure what to make of the Michigan situation. They’ve been ranked ahead of us, but we’ve had more first place votes. Is it possible for us to be ranked number 2 but have the most first place votes? I would think it’d have to be, so that’s probably where I see us.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It is. Any sports media site that makes fun of him will show exactly how low class they are and how little they know about his personal life.

lylsmorr and NYY like this.
  12. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

They don’t look especially tired to me. Lack of depth hurts if there are injuries, but Duke won its last two titles with like 6-man rotations.

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

So lack of depth doesn't effect fatigue?

That's good to know.

14. NashVol11

My point is that they aren’t fatigued...

15. NashVol11

And that they have more than enough depth to win a title, which they’ve done twice this decade with less depth than they have now. Not sure why that was hard to follow.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's possible, but it would mean people were still ranking Tennessee below other teams besides Michigan. So I don't think that is likely anymore. If we have the most number 1's, between us and Michigan again, we'll probably hop them.

But I don't think that happens.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's really nothing, in terms of discussion. What's there to say? Our bodies will betray us all eventually.

18. NashVol11

I agree with Gary Parrish, I think Tennessee should have been #1 already even before Duke lost. We’ll see what happens though

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Side note:

[uck fay] Duke.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

The argument of "undefeated" does hold some sway, though. For UM and UVA I mean. I could understand it.