2018 Road to the NCAA CWS

Discussion in 'Sports' started by lylsmorr, Jun 4, 2018.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

TN Tech just beat the #4 seed in the tournament. Pretty damn impressive feat.

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Was a bear on the loose around campus today too.

lylsmorr likes this.
  3. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Four of the top eight national seeds didn’t even make it to the supers. Will be five if UF loses tonight.

lylsmorr likes this.
  4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Pretty crazy year.

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

It’s been fun following Tech this year. They had a nice regional tournament. Took 2 out of 3 from Ole Miss with the loss being 8-9.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Figured this is as good of a thread as any to push my agaenda that humans should no longer be allowed to call balls and strikes.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I swear to you, this aspect is one of the reasons I've struggled to get into baseball as a spectator sport. Officiating is never perfect, but when every pitch is a judgement call, that's a heavy lean on judgement.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Catcher didn't move his glove. That's gonna be called often.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Still missed by a good margin, though.

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

It wasn’t even close.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Based loaded, bottom 9 in a deciding game. That's about as big of a blown call as you can imagine.

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Knew he missed it too. First look was right over to dugout. No part of that ball ever sniffed the zone. And catcher setting up that far outside gave him perfect view of entire plate. No excuse in that miss.

lylsmorr likes this.
  13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Side note - as miserable as I felt last night, I still managed a smile and a laugh when I saw how Georgia's season came to an end.

14. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Mark Kingston has overachieved in his first year at SC, IMO. It was just a few weeks ago that this team was sitting under .500. Playing on house money at this point. I expect Arkansas to advance.

In the other part of SC, Clemson continues to struggle in the post-season, which is a little baffling. Seth Beer is going to leave Clemson having never played in a Super Regional. That blows my mind.

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Monte struggling to adjust to life at a major program. He's not in Charleston anymore

DarthVisor likes this.
  16. TennTradition

Tennessee Tech plays Game 1 against Texas at 2 pm CDT today. This Texas team blew the doors off A&M in the regional game I watched. This Tech team is good though - will be interesting to see what they can put together.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

First time my wife’s Alma Mater has been good at anything, so we’re going to be tuned in.

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

My good buddy is an assistant at Duke. Would love to see them make it.

NashVol11 likes this.
  19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Tech can swing the sticks.

20. TennTradition

Tech?

What about those riflery teams?

Volst53 likes this.