2018 Vol Baseball

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by lylsmorr, Nov 2, 2017.

1. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

7-4.

Poppa T likes this.
  2. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

8-6 overall, have a 3 game series at Cincy this weekend.

3. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

Swept Cincy, Vols are now 11-6 on the year. SEC starts next weekend against Ole Miss with a week day game versus W. Carolina on Wednesday.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Vols beat #8 Ole Miss to start the SEC season.

10SEvols likes this.
  5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I played with the Kessinger brothers in HS, who both went to Ole miss and played, as did their dad Don. One brother has a son playing there now. Their family is royalty in Oxford. It doesn't pain me at all to see them take an L.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Keith used to be the head baseball coach at carson Newman.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

He was a couple years older. Just a solid player. Big lanky kid that didn't make many fielding errors and I think he even made it to the big leagues for a short stint. They are that family that was just blessed. None of them look athletic, but have baseball in their blood. Keith was the only white kid on the all Memphis metro basketball team in HS, amongst players from Whitehaven, Hamilton, Raleigh Egypt, Kirby, etc. Ran @ a 5.5 and couldn't touch the rim, but could play ball. Great instincts.
    Basically they got all the skills I wish I had and want them to take some L's.

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I signed under him at Carson Newman simply because I liked him of all places that recruited me. 3 days after I signed he left and went to Arkansas State.

Three. Damn. Days.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

At the UT/Bama game tonight. Guy behind me is driving me nuts. Commentating and he doesn’t know if there is cork or feathers inside the ball.

10. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I'm guessing some commentary about how it's pointless for pitchers to throw over to first and it just slows the game down?

11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Every fly ball has a chance to go. Predicting every pitch before it’s called and not even close. Can’t tell difference between changeup and breaking ball. Umpire can’t get a call right. Mad because third baseman didn’t chase a foul ball on the ground and the all girl had to grab it.

I could go on and on. Nothing worse than an idiot who thinks they’re smart.

justingroves likes this.
  12. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

At least he's not taking selfies and posting them to the Facebook

NYY likes this.
  13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Oh. He’s taken about 50 photos.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

DUBYA

10SEvols likes this.
  15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Santiago made this game closer than it should have been. He has serious issues receiving the baseball behind the plate.

16. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

His father's arm was incredible but only so-so blocking the ball. Still, one of my favorite catchers.

NYY likes this.
  17. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Junior can block it. He probably dropped 8 balls tonight by being lazy with glove. Has serious issue with beating the ball to the spot and sticking it. Not like we have a bunch of J.R. Richards throwing it at him.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I bet he had a brand new flat billed cap didn't he?

19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

He was there with his wife and two kids. He was trying to sound smart for them. His son played some travel ball. I figured that out from hearing him refer to it at least 2,000 times.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Taken the first two from Bama via a bases loaded walk both games.

10SEvols likes this.