The Never-ending College basketball season thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bostonvol, Nov 7, 2019.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Nobody is any good

A-Smith likes this.
  2. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

It's ridiculous how many lucky breaks at the end of games Bruce Pearl has gotten at [uck fay] Auburn. His Final Four there is a first round exit instead if a 78% FT shooter from New Mexico State doesn't miss 2 after getting fouled at the buzzer. Tonight, Vandy's big man missed 2 layups in the final minute that could've tied the game, and then [uck fay] Auburn's PG who shoots 47% at the FT line makes 3 of 4 to ice the game. Where was this dumbass luck when he was at UT?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  3. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Memphis loses to Wichita State. Anfernee's super-class is on the verge of being an unranked team.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

*Grinch smile*

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Man I just need to stop watching games played at Rupp. Their refs affect my mental health

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He used all his luck keeping Ramar eligible for two years

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Clemson finally won at the dean dome.

NashVol11 likes this.
  8. JohnnyQuickkick

How in the world did Florida let Cuonzourri put up 90+? They couldn’t put up 90 on a pinball machine

A-Smith likes this.
  9. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Everyone sucks this year

A-Smith likes this.
  10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Reasons? 3 pt line pushed back has to be part of it.

11. Ssmiff

Mizzou scores 45 in a near 30 pt loss to ms st.

12. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Does it? I can see that for good teams who shoot a ton, I guess, but what has generally leveled the playing field has been making threes easier, not harder. 3-point barrages allow inferior teams to hang with the big boys.

To me it’s just talent. The top recruits went to Memphis, Georgia and Australia, and there just aren’t really any loaded rosters.

13. Ssmiff

It's a mix but that distance can separate avg shooters imo. Pure shooters dont care. Guys like Bowden floating everywhere now have an extra foot of math to navigate and not all are going to adjust easily

14. JohnnyQuickkick

it always seemed to me guys were pulling the trigger 3 feet behind that line anyway

justingroves likes this.
  15. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Kentucky loses on a buzzer beater to South Carolina. Auburn on the ropes against a mediocre Bama team. A weather forecast a month into the future is more predictable than SEC basketball this year.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

you love to see it.

NashVol11 likes this.
  17. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

If Auburn really is the 4th best team in the country, this is the worst year of college basketball in the post-integration era.

justingroves likes this.
  18. JohnnyQuickkick

The NCAAT is probably going to be wild this year

NashVol11 likes this.
  19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Has the feel of a tournament where a 6/7 seed makes a run and wins it all.

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I know scoring is down across the board. Are teams attempting to ape UVA and focusing more on implementing their defense rather that offensive emphasis with practice time?