2019-2020 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Indy, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Fans were entertained as much as ever last year. Did we go undefeated at home?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

yes

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I think we are tied for longest unbeaten streak in the country.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

not too shabby

6. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Decent shot at having 7 ranked opponents in non-conference play. I like having more chances for sig wins, but that might be a brutal stretch for our roster.

7. Unimane

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It sucks that we have to wait until next season to be elite again. I hope we don't lose any of our steam with an average season this year.

9. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

I have a feeling we are going to be better than people think. We have a tough non conference schedule though.

10. Unimane

Being elite was fun, but, I'm willing to have a bit of a transition year while we wait on this killer group of recruits coming into Knoxville next year.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This team will win 20+ and 11+ in conference.

12. Unimane

I think that's possible if we get the 7 footer eligible.

13. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I think we will struggle, and that it’s much more likely that we will miss the tourney, than make it.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Get ready to complain about a bunch of 3s because Ricky is gonna try to build a guard heavy team and be able for 1-5 to hit the 3 and spread the floor. No starting the offense on the block. Anxious to see how it works.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

James will have to be elite for us to get to those numbers.

16. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

We will be nowhere close to last year's team but I think people are underselling the fact that we have two senior guards who have played in a lot of big games. Guards control college basketball. I'm with Unimane. I think Plavic getting eligible would make a big difference for this team.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Here's a hot take: last year's team actually under-performed, and a lot of that had to do with trying to run the offense through a particular player. Guard teams can over-perform, because on an "on" night, they can beat anyone and on an "off" night, they can get hot at the right time.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Both of those guards disappeared for decent stretches last season.

I think Bowden has the potential to have a Josh Richardson style break out season, but he will have to find consistency.

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

That's my concern. It will be interesting to see if that trend continues or if them disappearing had more to do with them being options 4 & 5 on last year's team. Also wonder if they will be able to shoulder the burden of being the main guys and the focal point of the other teams defensive game plans.

20. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I think we primarily underperformed because they just ran out of gas before tourney time, and because Barnes is a control freak, and both he and the team struggle when shit gets off script...as nearly every tourney game against a quality opponent will tend to do.

I think that’s been Barnes’ shortcoming long before he came to Tennessee, but he’s brought it with him, here.

But I can also admit that I know nothing about basketball, too.