2019-2020 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Indy, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Team was top 10 in defense going into last game, so I can't label them as the worst. No height and cant shoot.

2. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

We'll see how it plays out, but this years team is definitely better than the one in his first season.

In his second season, if I remember correctly, the record wasn't much better but they competed with some really good teams that year, should have beaten UNC on the road, played Oregon and Wisconsin both really close, think both of them were top 10 teams and went deep in the tournament that year. Finished at .500 that year.

Then the next 2 years they're at the top of the conference.

This years team probably falls right around his second year team, with the chance to be slightly above, but they have work to do.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I’m just talking about the last 2-3 weeks since Lamonte left. Getting run by Georgia is a problem.

4. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

We haven’t won in Athens in 9 years. Much better UT teams have lost to much worse UGA teams there. And Georgia should be a top 20 team with their talent anyway (5 top 100 recruits signed last year). Only reason they aren’t is because Crean is a below average coach.

5. Ssmiff

The multiple pullups Ga hit is no way to build a team. Itll catch up and their main guy will be gone. 1 and done player and maybe the NIT.
    They had 12 assists on the night.

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Well I’m on team sky is falling with Uni and them. Y’all aren’t going to argue me off of it

7. Ssmiff

This team was borderline ncaa tourney team before the season. You cant replace currently 4 nba players, 2 early departures, 90% of points, rebounds and blocks. Then lose your best defender, pg and ft shooter to boot.
    If UNC can have a year they are having with the program and talent they have stacked, it shouldn't be surprising with a program who was worst in the league 4 seasons ago and had no relationships with HS feshmen and sophs deciding where to play. People complain about Barnes missing on guys and I get it but I dont believe some complainers understand when and how basketball recruiting works from a HS coach/handler/aau standpoint when the kids are in 9th grade. You show up when they are jrs and srs and you are too late

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'm not super down on Barnes. Just this team. I fully expect that we will be rocking again by second half of next season.

9. Ssmiff

we need some dead eye shooters who just float and pop. Been awhile.

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Wait, I'm not on team sky is falling. I've been pretty accepting of what this team is from the get go.

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Team "We're garbage this year" ?

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think we probably win about 4 more games.

13. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Yep. I was hoping to be pleasantly surprised and this team over achieve. They started heading in that direction when they beat Washington. Lost a close one to FSU then beat VCU, been pretty much down hill since then.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Losing Lamonte hurt, moreso than just raw production

15. Unimane

Stunningly awful basketball.

16. Ssmiff

Never seen a UT team miss more open shots

17. Madcap laughs

Madcap laughs Banned

Pons best career dunk

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

That might be the best 2 minutes of ball we've played since November.

19. Unimane

We scored 50% of out first half output in the first 4 minutes of the 2nd.

20. Madcap laughs

Madcap laughs Banned

Vols points per possession a little better in 2nd half