2019-2020 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Indy, Mar 29, 2019.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Good point.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Tom Crean, that noted wizard of the clipboard.

BigOrangeBeech and justingroves like this.
  3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What a douche.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He trolls UT fans, then blocks them at the first retort. He’s pathetic.

zehr27, justingroves and A-Smith like this.
  5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Wolken worked with Vandy and covered Mem state for the Commercial appeal, and hes from Arkansas. He has always had Orange envy.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

if he poured a 5-gallon bucket full of Alpha-Bits, there wouldn't be an X or an O in there

VOLinDAWGland and Unimane like this.
  7. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Guy makes one run in March on the back of a future hall of famer and somehow still gets mileage out of it 16 years later.

8. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

And we will continue to curb stomp Vandy in basketball.

9. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

That's how I read it, but deviously ambiguous.

10. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

i.e. Martin

11. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I did not remember how spotty his resume was. Or how long ago his Final Four run was. I remember at the time thinking Indiana hiring him made some sense, but he only had one NCAAT win in the last five years when he left Marquette

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

If Barnes leaves, what does next season look like? You'd think Barnes leaving would push Williams to declare. Would we let James out of his LOI? Does anyone else like Burns transfer out?

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Black curtains time

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think you have to let James out of his LOI, if he still wants out after meeting the new coach.

lylsmorr likes this.
  15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Definitely. It's the right thing to do.

lylsmorr likes this.
  16. Unimane

This is why I disagree with those who say Barnes would have left the job in a better place than when he started. No, he wouldn't. Not yet. Two years from now, with Walker, James and probably some other kids, yes. But, now? Not quite. Next year will be a like the first year Barnes was here for the following coach.

Now, it is better in terms of program culture and NCAA investigation, but the talent is just ok.

17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I would add perception of the program, which I figure is a pretty significant factor in attracting a new coach. As far as the talent goes though, you're not wrong. There are a lot of upperclassmen who are going to be gone next year or the following year, and we're still a year or two from finishing the restock.

18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Fair.

There's a good chance that our staring lineup next year without Barnes is

Turner
    Bowden
    Johnson/Pons
    Fulkerson
    Walker

Then Burns and ?????? off the bench assuming no one currently on the team leaves or transfers.

19. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

I would almost bet Turner will go be a grad transfer. Surely to goodness he has his degree by now, he redshirted.

20. Unimane

If Turner, James and Williams leave, we may average 35 points next year. It will be ugly.