2019-2020 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Indy, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

How’s Bowden doing from 3, of late?

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He made 1 tonight, until they came back 30 minutes later and said his foot was on the line. Which it was, just kind of annoying they can change that so long after it happened

Tenacious D likes this.
  3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The team is certainly getting better. We were the superior team last night despite the score, and SC has been hot. We will hold our own down the stretch.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Feel bad for Bowden. He is a 1000 pt scorer and plays hard, but will be remembered by many for his missed dagger shots and inability to pull the team thru to wins with buckets or getting to the ft line late.
    For me unfortunately, it will be continued horrible ballhandling that leads to him unable to use a pick and roll effectively late in game with a lead and turn it over one time, followed by giving it up to a kid who just got on campus with 6 on the shot clock, rushing him to make a play with no pick and horrible spacing.
    Take your man, pump and get to the damn ft line. Passing it out to a true freshman like that was so weak. I know the play was for pick and roll with Vescovi but when the defense denies and forces another option, you go play ball, and shouldnt need a coach to tell you to.

5. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

It was a terrible play by Bowden. I’m amazed at how many people were bashing Vescovi for that play when Bowden put him in that situation.

6. Ssmiff

Bashing Barnes and Vescovi. I dont blame barnes for wanting to go pick and roll with Vescovi. Players have to run the play or adapt and play ball if it's not there. This isn't middle school and he looked like he was the 11th player off the bench and just came in the game cold. Cant run a pick and roll. Panic. Thorow it to Vescovi in a bad spot and in a rush.
    Unreal the best play in basketball to get a defender off you and he cant get close enough to the pick to set it up properly, something I taught kids as soon as picks were allowed.

7. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Shoot better from the FT line and keep USCe off the glass better and this game wasn't even in question at the end. 10-12 point victory it should have been.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

one of my pet peeves in basketball in general is when people bash a coach for "the play call" when it's obvious that couldn't have been what was "drawn up"

9. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Mental toughness is what this team lacks, discipline inside the phone booth of half court situations. Bowden especially, it’ll come in time. Hopefully.

10. Ssmiff

If you recall a huge sequence was when we were up 6 getting late and Bowden has a dagger open look to go up 9, misses, then loses his man on the other end. From potential 9 pt lead to 3 pt lead in 20 seconds. Crowd into it and momentum back with them. Dont believe we lose the game if that sequence goes differently.

11. Ssmiff

Another great ref crew tonight

12. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I think we're getting the overcorrection after complaining about too many fouls.

Whole lot of "[uck fay] it" from these refs right now.

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

This is some ugly shit.

14. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Lol'd at running the offense through Plavsic for a few possessions.

15. Ssmiff

Fulk ofer and they got some kid tripping a career high

16. Unimane

It's scary to think what we'd be without Vescovi since Christmas.

Well, we'd be Vandy.

17. Ssmiff

Ha. Barnes.

18. Unimane

This offense. Jeez.

19. Ssmiff

We are playing like we are still affected by the last loss

20. Ssmiff

Vandy going straight iso 1 v 1. Gotta be able to guard. Lee is a good player