2019 Recruiting Class

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by justingroves, Feb 8, 2018.

1. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

If we keep Morris, Lampley, and add Wright to this class that will be the best offensive line haul in the country.

2. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Not trying to be a smart ass but big, strong, athletic should be the criteria always. Why recruit anything otherwise? You may not always get them, but recruit them to start with.

Tenacious D and IP like this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agree, but sometimes you do want some other kind of freak. As a general rule though, ya.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’ve coached 0 years of football and it seems to me those are the kind of guys you want for football.

warhammer likes this.
  5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Well its not like we have had a big team for the last decade

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Some sort of correlation to sucking, maybe.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We had Kongbo, McKenzie, and Tuttle along the DL. That’s pretty good size and we still have up 400 yards rushing a game.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Well when you have 900 pounds of linemen lining of 3 yards off the LOS and losing the ability to leverage by standing up, size does nothing.

9. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

You gotta get a running start

lylsmorr likes this.
  10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hubbs and crew are saying Tennessee can take 22 this class. Eight are already committed.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Thought I saw 23 to 25 somewhere, last week?

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They can work around with blue shirts and all that good stuff, but it's 22 scholarships in this recruiting class if Kennedy is allowed to transfer in from Alabama

13. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Hopefully we can get some instate kids to blue shirt.

14. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

15. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Darnell Wright is visiting again this weekend. Going to be an amazing offensive line class.

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Stack good quality O line and D line in like cord wood on the roster, and the rest gets easier.

17. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

If Pruitt gets the players, he's gonna win big here. Butch Jones, as terrible as he was, was inches (inches make the champion) close to having the type of seasons (in 15 and 16) we all expect. He got some great players in his early years to come here to set that up, just couldn't deliver.

If Pruitt assembles top 5 classes, which hes totally capable of, I see no way he can't deliver.

IP likes this.
  18. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Price and Simonton basically said we have 3 silent commits right now.

19. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I feel it.

I think we're looking at a top 10ish class this year. However, they land Wright and Crouch, could be enough to get in that range.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Crouch, Wright & Wilhoite