2019 Vols

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Tenacious D, Mar 17, 2018.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Wasn't Gottfried's name tossed out to replace Cuonzo too?

So we hired one really shady guy and had two others on the list of people we were interested in.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm trying to figure out how this will do.

Thinking this right now

East 1 - UVA
    West 1 - Gonzaga
    South 1 - UNC
    Midwest 1 - UK

2s are us, Duke, Michigan State and LSU/Michigan

For better or worst Duke is your highest #2 seed in this scenario. Are they going to send them to Louisville or DC with UNC or UVA, or do they get sent to midwest? Or, do they send UK to Louisville and UNC to Kansas City? If that happens, you can bet your bottom dollar Duke is headed to Louisville. Which do we get sent to KC or DC? And in this scenario I see us going to DC. There aren't any 3s and 4s in Lunardi's Friday projection.

After I typed this, I looked at Palms and he's going with the UK/Duke in Louisville and us in DC. The 3/6 in ours is Purdue/Nova, and quite frankly Nova terrifies me.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

If we end up in DC I will be pissed. I'll be out of town.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Started to say "don't want to be a [penis] but" and then stopped myself. I've been reading through articles about us and others on various sites and couldn't help myself. Guess this is these guys' first season watching college hoops too:

- Matt Norlander, CBS.

- Jeff Borzello, ESPN

Anyways, moving on. Other things of note from the articles I read through:
    • People think Auburn is a lot better than their record shows. KenPom has apparently had them ranked 18th or better the entire season.
    • We are still a 1 seed if we win the SECT.
    • @LSU, @UK, and @Auburn are the 3 best losses UT could have had in the SEC this year.
    • People think Reid Travis is done for the season.

A-Smith likes this.
  5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

An equally big or bigger problem is continuing to take those 3's when they aren't falling. And why UT has gone away from Admiral and Bone getting into the mid-range or playing inside out, I've no idea.

A-Smith and IP like this.
  6. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Weve certainly been better at hitting 3s when weve moved the ball around more, especially trying to work the inside game first and passing out of double teams and what not.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The inside out thing is big. Get it to Grant down low, and let him pass out of the double team. Haven't seen it as much lately. Almost seems like we don't go to him enough to demand the double.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Imo we went away from it due to the quick double and Grant not getting more than 6-8 shots a couple games, which is why they moved him up to the elbow. Catch 22. More open inside out looks, but fewer shots for Grant and fewer fts

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Grant having to start at the ft line doesn't mean he can't get his normal amount of looks

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

It increases his shots, which is why we see him there, but then there are fewer kickouts from double teams, which are easier 3s.

11. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I don't know why we would be the last two seed at this point. It makes more sense to send us to Kansas City to play UNC than to DC to play Virginia, unless they're just worried about geography.

Either way, a healthy Duke is the most terrifying team in the bracket. If they're a two seed, I'm kinda okay with us being a two seed. If you're offering me UNC in the Elite Eight, I'm happy with that.

That said, if we manage to win the SECT for once, we're probably the last one seed and Duke is our #2. I want to win the SECT, but also that would kinda suck.

IP likes this.