2019 Vols

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Tenacious D, Mar 17, 2018.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I live almost 30 miles from the nearest Waffle House, it really pisses me off. Number one, because I rarely feel like driving 45 minutes into the Keys to get my favorite breakfast. Number 2, it's about 45 minutes to get home, which is well outside my window to blow out my smothered hashbrowns, I maybe get 15 minutes on a good day. So it means I'm pooping in that disgusting ass Waffle House bathroom, or I'm stopping at an even nastier gas station bathroom, or even worse, I'm sitting in a stinky, burning wet mess for 30 minutes until I can get home and hose myself off in the front yard.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Smothered, covered and sharted

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Stop at a hotel and use the lobby bathroom. Usually pristine (like Alan’s butthole) and rarely every used (unlike Alan’s butthole.)

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I wish UT would run more plays to set up Bone on the elbow. That's his money range and I think it would open up the defense more

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This is a real thing:

upload_2018-11-13_21-57-31.jpeg

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Tenacious D and NorrisAlan like this.
  7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

GA Tech and Pastner wanted to make this game ugly and did what they intended to do. The good thing about this team is defensively it’s going to give us a shot every night, even when the offense is a little stagnant.

And someone tell Pastner to get a damn haircut.

8. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Yea, what the hell was that greasy furry creature on his haid?

9. Ssmiff

Need Lemonte
    Need not have so many ankle tweaks this early
    GT played good D, often fronting and our O has to adapt
    Maybe stop shooting fts with a heavy ball in practice
    Glad we arent peaking early
    Admiral needs goggles or eye surgery. He can barely see in huddles without

10. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

It is very much coach speak, but I like Pruitts approach in football. We need to play every game from an effort standpoint, the same way, and focus on us. This team will play defense well enough to beat anyone they play.

IP likes this.
  11. Ssmiff

And I know a few of you who know the game get frustrated with our wild closeouts. I dont know how to address it. Some teams with composure will take advantage. Some shooters. Yet often it leads to the opposing team getting hectic and thats when we dominate.
    Problem is nowadays, 4 or 5 can pull the trigger. Closing out Hoosiers style low, with offense ability to elevate deeper, travel and carry thr ball to the hole, will result in more easy 3s with a defender barely off the ground. Would stop penetration, but a 3 is too easy to hit and a simple "hand up" wont cut it like it did decades ago.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

This team still has limitations. UT has yet to play a team at or above their talent level. Decision making still needs sorting out. Those kind of mental mistakes don't hurt as much against the Louisianas and Georgia Techs of the world. That won't fly against the Gonzagas and Louisvilles.

Defense and effort won't ever be a question mark. A team with polished post players and good wing play can give this defense fits though.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Louisville still has a basketball program?

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's a fine line, I suppose.

15. Ssmiff

Easy win tonight. Our student section sucks.
    Grant is getting up there with Lofton and Houston as my favorite players in the last 50 years. Chism, Jujuan, Slay, among those in tier 2. And Dyron Nix just because Dyron Nix.

16. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Grant is a pretty good dude.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Combined 1-19 from 3 for Bowden/Bone/Turner. No bueno.

18. ziv1173

ziv1173 Member

Man, you gotta love this basketball team. On the court and off.

A-Smith likes this.
  19. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Gotta give Josh Richardson a shout too, even though his teams were not necessarily the most fun.

Ssmiff likes this.
  20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think we're going to take down Gonzaga