2020 Election

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jan 20, 2017.

?

Will President Trump be Re-Elected in 2020?

Poll closed Oct 31, 2020.
  1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    63.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

And I pointed out many instances that showed that wasn't true. You realize how many Tea Party protests there were? It wasn't just one.

It's always some nuance that everyone else misunderstands with you. And it's not just politics nor just me.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I'll take any pats on the back that I can get.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I have a basket containing 12 pieces of fruit, 7 of which are oranges, and 5 of which are apples. Would you say that

1) more of my basket is occupied with oranges?

2) my basket is exclusively filled with only oranges?

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I agree with JQK, Jay. Definitely more of a left thing. The right just lays down and rolls over.

It's documented.

5. JayVols

To avoid any nuance misinterpretations, I need more information.

What type of basket is it?

Is it a/an angling basket, bannock basket, coisan, cuddy basket, curling basket, skye basket, kishie, muirlag, small pannier, quarter cran, tattie scull, toig, bee skeps, back creel, pannier or other?

Is it woven or plastic?

If woven, please provide the specific type of weave.

What type of apples?

Honey Crisp, Red Delicious, Cripps Pink, Braeburn, Golden Delicious, Jonagold, SweeTango, Winesap, Arkansas Black, Gala, Gravenstein, Idared, Northern Spy, Cox's Orange Pippin (this one could greatly influence my answer), Grimes Golden, Rome, Redlove Era, Granny Smith, Early June Apple, Elstar, Belle de Boskoop, Pinova, White Transparent, Paula Red, Blenheim Orange (this one also could greatly influence my answer), Honeygold, Ribston Pippin, Escopus Spitzenberg, Antonovka, Bramley, Courtland, Empire, Jonathan or some other apple?

What type of orange?

Satsuma Mandarin, Tangelo, Clementine, Tangerine, Pomelo (these have green peels that could be mistaken for a Granny Smith apple without careful observation), Cara Cara Navel, Blood Orange, Bitter Orange, Sweet Lemon (which might mistakenly be thought a lemon this nuance could also lead to an incorrect answer), Bergamot or any other orange or orange-like fuit? Should tangerines, grapefruits or similar orange-like fruits be considered in the orange family?

Are you sure there are no orange tomatoes in the basket that might be mistaken as an actual orange?

Is a crab apple an actual apple?

What about a horse apple? I know I would never consider eating a horse apple.

See? Too much room for nuance to give an answer you might accept.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  6. JayVols

I'll follow my own prescription.

My mistake. Please accept my apology for pointing out the splinter in JQK's eye while ignoring the plank in my own.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

I don't think my original statement is absolute at all, and I don't think it's some hard to get nuance. It's just the meanings of the words.

Anyways, I'm done with it.

8. JayVols

Didn't think it was absolute. I knew it was just wrong.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

And I disagree. So be it.

10. JayVols

Living in a bubble substituting local/personal experience for what actually has happened is fun.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

I'm not. I'm well aware conservative groups protest publicly. I still believe that most people would associate it more with the left.

12. JayVols

So there's a good portion of conservatives that don't just shake their head and go on with their lives?

Glenn Beck's deal was touted as a million person march remember.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

I'm sure there are. I never meant to insinuate that conservatives never publicly protested. I'll keep saying it.