POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think it is fair to attribute a relationship between a man who has been nonviolently protesting since the civil rights era and ANTIFA. Jesus.

2. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Man those comments.....

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

criticizing efficiency evaluations because they could lead to layoffs is so myopic and some shade of anti intellectualism. I want everyone to have a job, but that doesn't mean every company needs to wither and die under the yoke of dead weight.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

You misunderstand my point.

Yes, Americans are free. To be gay, gun enthusiasts, liberals, conservatives, etc.

No, they shouldn’t hide it, or feel the need to do so.

That is real life.

That a disproportionately large number of people will immediately and instinctively refuse to support or vote for a gay / lesbian candidate - in fact, so many that it would hurt your feelings to know the true number - and who will never admit it or make a peep on Facebook and Twitter about it - is reality.

I’m not saying it’s right, correct, just, fair, preferred, acceptable, ideal or even defensible - but simply that it’s the unmitigated, unflinching truth.

I fear that you mistake those here - who like and accept GCB’s super gay and CP’s chick-born-as-a-dude asses, respectively - as being in any way indicative of this country as whole. It isn’t, at all.

Of course, it doesn’t help that Pete’s also got terrible positions, is in a field that is not going to allow him to succeed, largely doesn’t know what in the [uck fay] he’s doing and would be best to get out of this shit show and wait for a later chance where he could actually win.

You know it’s true.
    I know it’s true.
    GCB secretly knows it’s true.
    The DNC damned sure knows it’s true.
    Everyone reading this knows it’s true.
    Everybody knows it’s true.

But, by all means - yes, yes, yes - I’m the white nationalist, facist feelin’, misogynistic, racist, xenophobic, gay-hating, hate-crime lovin’, liberty tramplin’ inbred redneck Nazi for admitting and speaking this glaringly obvious truth.

The Houston City Council should have already voted to censure me, in abstentia.

5. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Let me clarify. I am not equating Bernie with ANTIFA. I do believe they would most support Bernie as a candidate because he is the farthest left on the scale and ANTIFA is a left wing outfit.

6. Tenacious D

Who was ol’ Pete’s predecessor as the Mayor of South Bend, IN?

Exactly.

7. Tenacious D

It’s both infinitely more insidious and concerning that his sexuality isn’t being spoken about more, IMO, JMHO.

You see the unstated premise of what I just said, and why that’s so concerning, GCB?

gcbvol likes this.
  8. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

This is simple political psychology. The odds of anyone beating an incumbent in a strong economy are low.

Therefore, this is preemptive "see, we told you Pete was a flawed candidate. It's his fault (not ours) and everyone who supported him."

gcbvol and IP like this.
  9. gcbvol

Get behind me, Satan.

10. gcbvol

I do. As I've mentioned before the left doesn't talk about it because him being pasty white, male or both cancels it out. I'm also smart enough to know there is plenty of homophobia at play in all political ideologies. It is what it is and only time will remedy.

Tenacious D likes this.
  11. Tenacious D

Fair.

Bernie has denounced ANTIFA, and I don’t hold him responsible for their actions.

Now you do Trump and white supremacy, anti-Semetic, anti-gay groups.

12. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Who do you think they would support?

Or are you saying ‘teaming up’ isn’t fair?

13. Tenacious D

I don’t follow.

Who is advancing this idea, and to what end?

14. gcbvol

And he does have flaws. All of them do. None have more than POTUS, but he's very likely to win regardless competitor.

15. Tenacious D

Perfect.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

the second part. though I think the first part is arguable. They seem to be anarchists, and bernie is not going to ever be mistaken for an anarchist.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm sure there are bad people on both sides.

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yeah, that record is not so good on Trump's part.

19. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

There is a segment of the alt-left that is doing this to Pete, so they can be right.

They're looking more toward "I told you so," than putting together a strategy at winning the White House.

gcbvol likes this.
  20. Tenacious D

Agreed, and thanks.