POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Mike Bloomberg is a 6th rate candidate for the Democratic Nomination.

Donald Trump is President of the United States.

You laugh at Mike besting Trump?

2. Tenacious D

If there’s one state where the Dems are really going to get on track, and Trump may stumble....it’s South Carolina.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

This will not get it done for him.

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Surely Big Gulp has to know he's just muddying the waters for the party.

Tenacious D likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

no shit. "all the rich guys we know don't like you" sounds like a GOP dig.

Tenacious D likes this.
  6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

He's already a terrible candidate in most of the South. Trying to out Trump Trump and sounding like a pompous ass in the process is not going to help.

justingroves likes this.
  7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I generally just laugh at Trump when I’m not crying about it.

8. Tenacious D

Toughen up, Tex.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

10. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Fair piece.

A little odd that it seems she thinks she’s being insightful in asserting that Trump supporters aren’t evil racists that will beat you up - I really don’t think many people believe that (not that there aren’t evil racists that happen to also support him) though they might say it.

Also, surely there can’t be that many democrats that would be shocked if Trump wins in November. They have a massive uphill battle and have to get help from Trump himself to get there.

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Two things in particular the article perpetuates which drive me up the wall.

1. The criticism of "the left", some collective identity, which are spewing blind venemous hatred while the Trump supporters are not all bad, just misunderstood and should be viewed individually.

2. This concept of divisiveness seems to be particularly aimed at critics of Trump and people are fed up with the way he's "treated", while he trashes an vilifies anyone who dares criticize him as hating America, evil, stupid, etc. all day, every day. He's the leader, the president, and the one supposed to set the tone.

Other than this, the one big bone I have to pick is the idea he "has their back" when it's been proven time and again everything is contingent upon support, deference and uncritical support of whatever he does and wants. I mean, he pisses all over cities and states which don't vote for him or have voted in Congressmen who oppose him (Baltimore, California, etc.).

All in all, whether next January or 4 years later, I'll be happy when his shit show and cult followers exit the stage and this mess of an era in America politics can be relegated to the point where historians wonder what in the [uck fay] was happening. And, despite some "former Democrat" (I always have suspicions about whenever someone tries to expose by being a "former" whatever) anecdotally experiences in a rally in New Hampshire doesn't mean the election is moot. I still see this as a 50-50 deal.

12. doolmeonce

doolmeonce Member

You just embodied what she wrote

13. Unimane

She wrote some Pollyanna silliness sanitizing a whole trove of shit and either the points I made went right over your head or you embody the points which I made.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

she wrote the left will be shocked. it won't. No one sees the left even being favored

15. doolmeonce

doolmeonce Member

1. she was speaking of her own experience within the knitting community. she spoke of her own experience dealing with evil trump supporters.
    2. I agree he should set the tone and his tone is shit. but that doesn't excuse others for acting like fools.

Regarding the bold, he's no different than 99% of the folks on the hill. 'Not my district, state, etc. - not my problem'

Referring to it as a 'shit show' and ' cult followers' was the point. Being suspicious of someone claiming 'former' is yet another. Your points were taken, considered, and subsequently laughed at. You embody the intolerance and condescension that she wrote about.

16. Unimane

Trump also still has high unfavorable numbers and the enthusiasm against him is high. Now, I've said the guy who wins is generally the one people vote for rather than people voting against someone, but I wonder if his supporters are large enough to carry him. It will be interesting to see how the message of the ultimate Democratic nominee resonates.

I still believe anyone expecting a landslide, by either side (I've seen a number of lefties proclaiming one against Trump), is pushing for something unlikely to happen. The electoral map just isn't there for this scenario in this day and age.

17. Unimane

I embody common [dadgum] sense. I've seen his rallies. It's a shit show full of cult followers. Or, are chants of "lock her up", "send her back", booing refugees and other types of shit during some hour and a half stream of consciousness rant of self-congratulations and whiny claims of persecution similar to the speeches of "99% of the folks on the hill"? Hint: they aren't, Republican or Democrat.

He's poison. I have friends and family who have gone to these rallies. I love them, but, mostly they are [uck fay]ing nuts and, in a lot of cases, really mean and awful in their political views. I have many friends who don't go to rallies and merely support Trump for certain reasons and by default. I, usually, merely disagree with them.

And, "he's no different than 99% of the folks on the hill. 'Not my district, state, etc. - not my problem'"? One, yes, he is different in how he addresses areas which didn't vote for him than previous presidents. Second, IT'S ALL HIS [uck fay]ING DISTRICT, STATE, ETC.! Sweet Jesus, he's the damn president. His jurisdiction includes Baltimore, California, NYC, etc., which makes them his problem

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    doolmeonce likes this.
  18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Or, "I know you are, but what am I?"

19. Unimane

Nope, not at all.

I'm saying the article and his response were merely the typical efforts to normalize the behavior of Trump and the things which have gone on at his rallies. "They were so nice to me and I didn't even mind they chanted for the president to lock up his opponents or saying his critics are evil and hate America. I mean, yeah, he's bad, buuuut...".

And, yes, I get the author's point of not being divided and stop villainizing people of opposing political viewpoints. It's a nice sentiment. However, like I said, it was a thorough whitewashing of the type of things which occur at these rallies. They're really, really terrible for this country and it's not because meanie lefties are not being very nice.

I don't even ascribe it to righties, either, as I note the cult nature of it. It's a fierce and rabid loyalty to him, rather than ideas, punctuated by vilifying any opposition - a cult mentality.

20. Tenacious D

They should impeach him, again.

warhammer likes this.