POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Depends on the political affiliation or race of whomever said it.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

So Hispanics are diverse. Caucasians are diverse. Asians are diverse. Black are the same despite their diversity African (numerous countries, all diverse), African American, Caribbean, etc. How racist.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Hagerty up 14% right now. Bit surprising it's that big of a lead.

4. CardinalVol

And Hagerty has been called.

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I figured he’d win pretty big. Watching his ads here at my parents this week. Barking right up a lot of people’s alley with the Manny is too different from us angle.

Hell, the ad demonizing him for not donating to Trump back in 16 and wanting to take your guns out was top rope action.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Black identity was stolen, buried. Few know if they are of Senegalese ancestry or Congolese, but the identity of being African-American is pretty unified under the construct of being African-American as a result. Plus, having a collective voice as a minority group allows for more political power and influence, of some kind. White people, on the other hand, know if their family is Irish, Greek, Italian, etc. They also gave those names to their black slaves, if they had any, to further dilute any potential of a diverse identity among black folks. Hispanic people have the benefit of not facing such cultural destruction and can tell you the differences in being Cuban in Florida or Salvadoran in LA.

I mean, I know you all really want this to be a faux pas and a Gotcha! on the racism bit, but it isn't what you are hoping to get and Biden isn't wrong in the least. It doesn't mean a black person can't vote Republican, so don't sweat it too much.

7. Unimane

You don't think the Irish, French, Russians have a common cultural identity, even if they don't all think the same?

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

It is a faux pas. His surrogates have already admitted it. Does it matter, probably not.

9. Unimane

They are probably just doing damage control from its perception as wrong, but he's not really incorrect. Perhaps he expressed it in a clunky manner, as per usual for Biden, but he's absolutely right about the difference in the cultural identity between the groups.

10. Unimane

Meanwhile, any supposed issue with Biden saying something is immediately, well, trumped by the Donald saying Biden is wants to "hurt God" and there will be no more religion if Biden is elected.

The Dooz likes this.
  11. CardinalVol

I guess I was just in a very pro Manny bubble then. That or they were much more vocal.

I did see the Democrat nominee didn't even file a Q2 FEC report and the guy the DSCC was backing got 3rd.

12. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Most people in my Facebook feed were backing him but as I drove around looking at signs and listening to how they were campaigning, it seemed like Haggerty was tapping into that Trump love.

13. Unimane

Manny did seem more douchey and conspiratorial than Hagerty. It was funny to see all the commercials from the two here trying to love Trump the most, knowing Nashville doesn't give a damn. Of course, I know the commercials were meant for those in the outside viewing area. So, Hagerty is probably the best case scenario here.

But, tonight was the election. It's going to be a while before a Republican loses a statewide election in Tennessee.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

The Black/African American community is by and large people descended from former American slaves. People who are dark skinned but from another country (are not descended from slaves) often do not consider themselves to be "black." People from the Caribbean, say Jamaicans, very often do not identify as being "African American" or black.

There is nothing inherently racist about this conversation, just repeating it like a spell makes it seem like you just think it is some sort of magic and not a real thing.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

The religious folks will just pretend like he isn't a total fraud who can't even name a bible verse.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

[uck fay] no

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

that’s the way Democrats think. Black people are all the same. Dumb children who can’t control themselves. That’s the way they’ve treated them forever.

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Fixed it for you.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Worth pointing out that there have been many polls showing 1) the African American community knows who Biden is and is comfortable with him, and 2) overwhelmingly voted to make him the nominee. The way it appears through the primary, Democrats who are black largely determined who the nominee will be-- so the narrative that Democrats think black people are dumb and all the same doesn't really jive with the direction and leadership of the party being largely driven by them. I think it is fair to say the black community has not gotten a fair deal in US politics, that the social contract with them continues to be broken as a generality. So what has the GOP done to earn their vote or trust? Remind them what part Lincoln was in? Lol

20. Unimane

You are such a [dadgum] hypocrite. I remember when you were soooo offended when I said Republicans like black political figures who give them permission to ignore the issues of black people and then you express this idea.

But, yeah, I guess black voters are just simple, misguided folks, voting 90% fo the party who treats them as "dumb children". I guess the black voters aren't smart or savvy enough to understand? Why can't they discern this clear and obvious construct you claim?