POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm on record, bro. She won't run. Who will? The field. You asked if she would run, I answered. Who will? Someone. Else.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

She's just not hard left. Sorry. If she were, Trump wouldn't have been able to paint her as a war hawk as he did. In 2008 she was talking about shooting guns with her grandpa. In 2016 she said universal healthcare was "impractical" and a fairy tale. She's a moderate with no discernible values.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's what political heads in northern VA think. and hope.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Beto just seems a little too green.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Your inflammatory bigotry against the Irish disgusts me.

(Tenny's envious that I got here first)

Unimane likes this.
  6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I’m actually not poking you for my own amusement. I really want you to give this some thought -

Of any Dems currently rumored to be eyeing a run in 2020, who do you think will beat her?

Think about it.

7. Tenacious D

She’s Butch Jones...emphasizes the optics, hoping to mask the complete lack of any substance.

Her platform was literally
    1. I have a vagina, and
    2. Trump says mean things.

RockyHill likes this.
  8. Tenacious D

He absolutely is.

I don’t hate the guy, at all, and have been genuinely complimentary of him, even recently.

But that so many Dems / Libs continue to be so insistent that he run in 2020 - even despite his loss to Cruz (CRUZ!), and his repeated on-the-record and flat denials of doing so - is becoming a canary in your political mineshaft, insofar as showing their true thoughts and beliefs in the strength of your 2020 candidates....and perhaps that which your side doesn’t seem to be fully considering it as such.

He looks great, right now. But if the Dems need him to beat Trump in 2020, you’ve got much bigger problems to solve.

IMO, JMHO.

9. Tenacious D

Absolutely green with it.

Kudos.

10. Unimane

Eh, there are always people floating flavors of the month. Don't worry, I'll settle your wary nerves, they'll be people who will step up on the left/Dems side and a nominee who'll be a formidable challenger to your boy. In fact, I'll rather enjoy not having someone who has been anointed as the inevitable nominee and having a vigorous debate from our side, which should, hopefully, engage a number Dems in the process and turn out the vote in November 2020.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Biden

gcbvol likes this.
  12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I find it telling that Pelosi seems to be struggling to get support for the Speakership. Perhaps the Party is ready to move on from the relics of the past (i.e., Pelosi, Hillary)

gcbvol likes this.
  13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Let us hope. I am not a Democrat by any measure, but we need these parties to get themselves in shape.

14. Unimane

Just checked his Twitter. There are 5 France/Macron tweets this morning. The butt hurt is strong. Normally, I would laugh at his immaturity and stupidity, but this dumbass actually makes policies based upon his own sensitivities.

I found this response pretty funny, too.

15. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Salient observation and absolutely relevant to talk of Hillary being a 2020 candidate. Think about the Democratic candidate who won in the midterms; the party is changing. It'll take time, sure. But, I think it has changed enough to block HRC. Now, this would also seem to work against Biden. He has nowhere near the baggage of Hillary and is actually likable; he's also a political relic.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Just realized Joe Biden is 75. He will be 77 come 2020. That is just too old, imho. The stress of that job is horrible.

Perhaps I am being ageist, but there comes a time when a person just cannot be fit for it any longer.

cpninja likes this.
  17. cpninja

cpninja Member

Biden seems like a popular choice but I just can't imagine a 77yr old being elected POTUS. Bernie's age was used against him, and even Clinton and Trump(who were about a decade younger) had concerns raised about their age and health. I just dont think Biden has enough to overcome a (very realistic) concern about his age.

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

As long as he doesn’t go through menopause he’s probably okay.

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Funny. You can want an 85 year old woman judge. I don't. Maybe she can run for president and get your vote.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

"Woman judge." What year is it?