POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Based on the evidence I have seen, and limited to only yes, or no: yes.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

gold historically has not been a good inflation hedge. it's a panic hedge.

IP likes this.
  3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I understand that it wouldn't be fore anything but to hold value and not an investment, but damn the Feds just added a lot to the books and couldn't even raise rates on the 08 mess without it damping the economy.

I'm not saying it's not possible, but I just see a mess.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

well it can definitely go down in value. especially if the economy recovers. only hold value asset is cash.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

when people are talking about buying gold, you want to be unloading gold to them, not buying it.

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

that’s no different than stocks though.

most want to sell when they should be buying and they want to buy while the market is high.

that’s why I just do automatic investments every two weeks and don’t try to time anything out.

I do think that central banks are in a bad situation though.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

that's kind of your default position, though. and whether they are or not, they'll either come back or no one will really care about your gold compared to your cow.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

DNI saying there's no evidence of disinformation on the Hunter Biden's emails and computers.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Wait, stops the policy? What policy of Trump's suggests he's a white supremacist? I guess we are about to see how far you can leap here.

Retweeting something that has the n-word in it doesn't make you a white supremacist. Trump retweets stupid shit without really looking at it all the time. He's ignorant and a moron. That doesn't make him a white supremacist or a racist.

It's also ridiculous to hold him accountable for the media construing what he says as racist. They don't want to accept the answer because it kills their bull shit narrative. During the debate, he replied "sure" and "sure, I'm willing to do that," and the moderator kept asking him the same question anyway. In the town hall, he said "I denounce white supremacy," verbatim, and the moderator claimed it was "a bit of a dodge." A bit of a dodge? Do you speak and understand the English language? He literally cut her off during that sentence just so he could say it again, verbatim "are you listening? I denounce white supremacy."

If the question is ever asked again, the media isn't doing its [uck fay]ing job, especially while literally no one presses Joe Biden to answer a single question about his involvement in potential corruption with his son or forces an answer out of him about his stance on packing the court. Election day is two weeks away, and he still has not been pressed to give his position on it. It's a joke.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Wait, are you trying to tell me that Adam Schiff is just talking out of his ass and making shit up? I feel like I've seen this movie before...

11. fl0at_

White supremacy and racism are not the same, you responded to me responding to the word racist, not white supremacist. I don't have to make leaps, you can't read. That's you making the leap.

If you tweet something racist, I'm going to think you are racist. When you also say a bunch of women of color should go back to their country, when you never said that about your arch nemesis, the white woman, Nancy Pelosi, I'm going to think you are racist. When you say that there are some "good people on both sides" when the other side has some outspoken white supremacists, I'm going to think you are racist.

That's my bar for racism. Yours apparently is higher.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

He's been called both, repeatedly. Racist, white-supremacist... use whatever word you want. Which policy of Trump's is racist or white supremacist?

Again, if you retweet it without realizing it has the "n-word" in it, as Trump almost certainly did, it's not racist. Nancy Pelosi isn't constantly trying to convince Americans that America is a wretched, awful place. The last one was clarified afterward, but, again, that doesn't fit the narrative, so it might as well not have happened.

Do you think they will ask him to denounce white supremacy again at the next debate? Should they?

13. fl0at_

Trumps policies that are racist are:

1. Building a southern wall, but not a northern one.
    2. Blocking certain groups from VISA
    3. Advocating only allowing immigration from certain countries
    4. Employing Stephen Miller

Pick any.

If you re-tweet a racist thing, its racist. Which has nothing to do with where someone is from. There should be nothing to clarify. Just don't retweet, whether you looked at it or not, don't tell people to go back to their country, especially when you don't know what country they came from, don't say things that have to be clarified later, especially when dealing with race. That's my bar. He's above it.

Yes, and yes.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Canadian border has illegal immigration and fentanyl/heroin transport issues?
    Those crazy bastards

15. fl0at_

Yes. Every border has drug transport. Sometimes they even come in by ship!

NorrisAlan likes this.
  16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Mostly. And trucks through legal check points.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Canada drug trafficking and illegal immigration compared to mexico is brilliant

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Now do Joe Biden and Robert Byrd

zehr27 likes this.
  19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Lol the policy stuff is weak. Employing someone is a policy? Preferring immigrants from higher socioeconomic standing is racist? Are you going to make a claim that illegal immigration from the northern border is happening as frequently as it is from the southern one?

They are wasting everyone's time just to push a false narrative that Trump's a racist. Because that's all they know how to do.

20. fl0at_

I mean, the war on drugs has been so well conceived so far, let's add more billions to it, right? That's stupid. Saying that putting up a wall is to stop drugs is stupid, because it won't do anything.

Illegal immigration might be cut down... from Mexico. But even allowing illegal immigration isn't the end of the world. In the last two decades we've had pretty unfettered illegal immigration, and it hasn't tanked this country yet. In fact, the economy, over the last 12 years, as been pretty good. The one that actually [uck fay]ed it was bankers. Let's ban bankers!