POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

There are things happening right in the open that have major implications for society, and our current discussions don't even address them. Pennsylvania just legalized autonomous delivery drones, and classified them as "pedestrians." Someone has been testing these robot autonomous delivery vehicles around northern Virginia. They look like a cooler or fridge with treads. They weight at crosswalks for the signal, and go right to delivery points and deposit the ordered food.

This has major implications for working class people. It isn't happening later, it is happening now. This has major implications for tax base/generation for communities. This has so many implications of all different kinds for society.

But we are still arguing about... what, exactly? Whether people should be able to easily vote?

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I'd say that if we can do things like have robots deliver you tacos we should definitely be able to knock out a secure and simplistic voting system

Hell I'd argue that we need it even more, for more indirect reasons. Particularly as representation of affected groups is going to become more and more important.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

A safe and secure digital voting platform is not a difficult thing.

The problem is and will always be that it takes voting out of states' hands, and they don't want that.

And nobody wants Mississippi to implement their own system.

4. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

It's the people that run it that worry me.

5. fl0at_

What are the worries?

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I don't worry about our elections. Too many people involved to doctor it. Hell, they were live broadcasting the vote counting in areas.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

saw a tweet from Herschel Walker today showing a handoff of something weird going on. Supposedly a drive that goes into a machine. But who knows. I don't go looking for the stuff. It just shows up sometimes.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If Herschel Walker is uncovering it, then they cabal is the dumbest in the world and couldn't pull it off anyway, or there is no cabal.

Just too many moving parts to pull off a nationwide scam like this.

9. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

The main worry or concern is that competent people are in place to make sure things are secure. Nothing silly like leaving a password laying around. And also if it's strictly digital, I'll always be worried about mechanical failure and data being lost or corrupted. That's basically it.

10. Ssmiff

something going on.

11. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I know and it's probably irrational, but I'd still be concerned.

12. fl0at_

Data loss is rare, when storage is so cheap. Even at my house, I have redundant storage, and we're talking more data than a very very large database.

Data would also be encrypted on server. That's already pretty common for a lot of data. So just having access to the data doesn't make it really accessible.

Gotta compromise two systems.

All this can be done easily.

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

What am I supposed to be looking at and understanding about this video?

TennTradition likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

Dont exaxtly know. Conspiracy Publicans think its a usb drive for the Dominion machines.
    I think it may be some snort

NorrisAlan likes this.
  15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Sounds like the same worries/accusations people have about the current system.

16. Unimane

Ah, ok. I watched it, wondering where exactly my attention was supposed to go

17. Ssmiff

Sorry, but she is evil. Not really debatable.

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

What happens at the 11 second mark?

19. Ssmiff

Wondered the same but shes still evil and still mentions "its ok now because we have a new president"
    She needs to be a leader as much as Trump does. Wouldnt mind seeing neither of them again

20. Unimane

Uh, it is debatable she's "evil", especially with a charlatan like McCarthy posting a heavily edited video to impugn her. In reality, the answer was different than the one characterized here. The only thing I'll agree with you on about her is the need for new blood.