POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It's going to get worse on both sides.

I think we're heading toward technocratic authoritarianism, hopefully we break out of it. I do think it will get worse in the short term though

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

But, but, but, THEM'UNS STOLE THE ELECTION FROM TRUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Pelosi and crew made same claims in 2016. Just for the record

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

We're not looking at the similarities, we're looking at the differences.

All the people who stormed the Capital based on the things Pelosi said should be punished. And once those people have been apprehended, we should consider removing Pelosi from office.

6. CardinalVol

Please tell me where Pelosi's supporters tried to kidnap and kill the President.

7. CardinalVol

I do love they "but they did it too!" argument when the GOP has always played the moral and law-abiding high ground for 25 years. It's comical at this point.

8. CardinalVol

I mean, as a (former?) GOPer, I would like to hold our party to higher standards than the Democrats, but it's obvious I'm one of the few who think this.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I left the GOP on the national level probably about 10 years ago. This is the first election I didn't vote GOP for my senator and congressmen, nor any state seats.

Party is completely garbage now, and their attachment to Trump destroyed anything they might have had left.

I am not a Democrat, either, that party is just as bad. Look at all the infighting and eating of their own now that they are in power.

SetVol13 and Ssmiff like this.
  10. CardinalVol

I call myself a conservative independent for the time being.

As we've said many times, the radical wings are going to end up destroying the country.

11. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

The GOP can recover, but it has to move more toward McConnell (not even as far as Mitt), and far, far, far away from the Trump and Trump-wannabes. But it just doesn't seem to want to. Been going the other way ever since Tea Party.

IP likes this.
  12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I get why a lot of GOP people went that way in 2016 but for the life of me can’t figure out, after 4 years, what quality Trump has that evokes such fanatical devotion.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Antifa has you right where they want you

IP likes this.
  14. CardinalVol

Oh yeah. Got to keep the far right happy or they might get primaried! Never mind that they are insane.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

the thing about the right vs left comparisons on this matter I don't get is, Mike Pence is a very conservative man. they didn't just go after the other side, they were going after a man who to me is a paragon of American conservatism. so it is not a right against left thing, this was a right on right assassination attempt. Mike Pence! His only lefty mistake was... honoring his constitutional duty? since when is that not a conservative value?

16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

And many of them are going to get primaried from their right anyway. Then the party is even LESS appealing to rational types because a quarter of their elected reps sound more like Boebert and Taylor-Greene and less like Kinzinger (who could and probably should be a star in that party)

17. CardinalVol

The problem is these folks doing this aren't conservative. They're far right radicalized. They'd rather live in a Trump dictatorship because they think it would fit their values better.

IP likes this.
  18. CardinalVol

That Tommy Tuberville is a sitting US Senator is all you need to know about the party at the moment.

NorrisAlan, utvol0427 and fl0at_ like this.
  19. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

The political left has/had a problem with purity testing that gave their opponents massive opportunity. The political right has all but squandered it by giving these people a voice, and then letting it boil over until it became a much more sinister version of the same purity testing.

gcbvol likes this.
  20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Therein lies the positive of the Dem infighting. By continuing to give a voice to everyone from Manchin to AOC and all points in between rather than bowing to and aligning with the fringe until it became uncontrollable, the rise of a leftist version of Trump is nigh impossible.

gcbvol likes this.