POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I will agree with you that it’s not a good look for Beto. I get why he agreed to join the march since it’s his home. In some ways it’s a bad look if you don’t. But again, I just think an anti-wall March is a bad idea.

I mean while I wouldn’t go to one of these rallies for anyone - D or R - apparently some people will. And you probably shouldn’t be the guy holding the Sturgill Simpson protest outside.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Trump will destroy Beto.

Everywhere.

3. Tenacious D

If you have any legitimate hope for this cat as a national political figure, he either needs to get much better and more intelligent people around him, and sooner rather than later, or he needs to start heeding their advice, if he has them.

4. TennTradition

You could very well be right and particularly in the places that matter - but stop and think about how ridiculous everywhere is. Do you get on some kind of Trump high where you’re just ready to redneck throw down or something?

5. TennTradition

I agree. And it is too early. He needed to win his Senate race and while he came incredibly close, IMO, it’s too soon. He’ll be elected to Senate down the road if he wants it - the state of Texas will have a democratic Senator down the road, IMO. Learn from that then pursue more.

I get it. Everybody wants to do something to stop Trump. To remove his altar of self-adulation. To right the wrongs of 2016. You get the drift. But they can’t all do it no matter how much they want it to happen.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

You're always selling bullshit. The above picture is hours before Beto spoke. The one below is when he spoke.

JayVols and emainvol like this.
  7. TennTradition

That’s more than I would have thought. I figured a few thousand.

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I don't see the appeal of standing in line for hours to listen to a politician lie his ass off for an hour.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Me either

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I would rather slam my nuts in my car door over and over.

11. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Just like Nancy Pelosi is destroying him?

JayVols likes this.
  12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

political talks and parades. Never will get it.

13. Ssmiff

El paso is north mexico.

14. Ssmiff

the wall thing is nuts to me. The dollar amount is akin to one of us giving someone $20. Presidents from both parties, going back decades, have preached about illegal immigration problems, the costs we pay, the jobs taken from legal immigrants and citizens. I watched a 2 minute bill Clinton speech basically saying everything Trump is saying, except "the Wall". He got a standing ovation from both parties. All these talks and speaches, and nothing has changed. Seems like the wall addresses an issue that has been a problem for decades. jmo. I don't really care if we build it or not. The problems need addressing and seems like some lifelong liars want the problems to continue to exist and worsen.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

6 billion will not build the wall. 60 billion won't.

16. Ssmiff

I would think we could build some computer 3d printed wall for a few billion. Point being is I don't believe the cost is a real concern. The money the gov't spends is nuts. its a power and political struggle but using money as the escape goat, imo

17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

The wall is a fraudulent idea, and the democrats know they have a winning hand. They’re not going to let him have it under any circumstances.

18. Tenacious D

No, it’s always best for America to have the two best candidates as possible competing for a seat - and so I’m for that, above all else.

To be honest, and while I understand how infatuated some may be with him (or, better, the idea of a person like him), I just don’t yet see anything about Beto that makes me think he’s anywhere close to being ready. I’m not even talking about his politics (which will bring their own and nearly impossible challenges) - but just from a personal standpoint. Even watching him last night, on top of being dumb enough to even show up at that whatever it was intended to be, he has a terrible platform, and he’s not at all good at presenting it.

Other than having a terrible message that’s poorly delivered, he should be fine, I guess.

Former President Obama really sucked the air out of the charismatic-intellectual-turned-dreamer genre, and which will last for several years, at the very least. And, ultimately, that’s all that Beto is - a white Obama, minus his energy, and without the ability to bring out historic voting participation levels, as Obama did, and to fantastically successful effect.

Beto would win everywhere he was supposed to, but so would any Dem, tbh. But he wouldn’t have a snowball’s chance of making it to the Dem nomination (although, as a Trump supporter, I’d LOVE to see it...but there are at least 3 Dems who would humiliate him, right now, today), and even if we somehow won that, he’d not get within 5M votes of Clinton’s ‘16 voting totals, much less Obama’s winning totals in ‘08 & ‘12, and he wouldn’t flip a single state.

He needs to season and wisen up, get out beyond Texas, do something productive, learn what he needs in a national campaign, or hell, just winning a damned election would be a nice starter, before we start talking about his beating Trump.

Hell, he might win it all and going away for all that anyone knows, including myself. But I’d put more faith in Corey Booker or Kamala Harris* becoming a viable candidate for POTUS, at this point, and I find him to be largely laughable, at the moment.

* The DNC will push either of these very, very hard if HRC doesn’t run, as they’ll have little other choice, amongst those now in the running. Optimally, the Dems would have Bernie get a really, really dark tan - like, really dark - but otherwise, for all of the bluster, I wonder as to what exactly they’re going to do, tbh.

19. Tenacious D

A lot of what you feel like was wrong in ‘16, others feel was right. The reality of Trump - however beautiful or terrible as any may find this to be - is that he not only lives to fight, but the more and harder you attack him, the stronger his us-versus-the-world message grows.

Come in too light, and he’ll steamroll you.

Come in too strong, and he’ll be proven right.

It’s a helluva thing, and not a product of his own making / strategy, but has just sort of organically occurred.

20. Tenacious D

That thousands and thousands do - and not just in El Paso, but every rally - should be telling, but some still choose to ignore it, and believe it to be an aberration.