POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

so it's not medicare for all then? we know exactly how medicare works and gets paid for.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

yes? I am paying in to a collective effort. I am benefitting from decades of tech, and billions in infrastructure. I was born into a civilization.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

good. i'll remember this the next time you complain that privatized internet access is too expensive.

4. TheOrangeEmpire

TheOrangeEmpire Active Member

;);)
    No, not at all.

Also, this is trivial banter, no reason to be snarky. ;)

5. TheOrangeEmpire

No, not at all

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

why do you believe both can't be true? I'm posting in a thread about insurance and medical coverage, did you think I'm arguing it isn't expensive enough, or believe I am my insurer's sole client? Remember it right now. you are the one who linked the value of the service or infrastructure only to what you personally pay, not me. I'm talking about systems and you're talking about you.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i linked nothing. i simply said I've paid more than i've gotten back and that's is absolutely true. float is the one who decided to get ridiculous.

8. TheOrangeEmpire

For the sake of asking, the infrastructure part is ridiculous?

How to do quantify what you given to what you have received in return?

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

well give me second billing on that, I also dont see it like you do. but it seems to be a fundamental difference in perspective.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the argument seems to be if you get any benefit from the govt at all you can't complain about how it spends the money or the inequities of who pays what.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

saying that i've gotten more than i've paid because i can't personally pay for a road that 1 mil people use a year is a tad ridiculous. i'm a net positive tax payer. half of this country is either net zero or negative. i'm paying more than i get. they aren't.

12. TheOrangeEmpire

Heck no! ;)

This country was founded on loud voices and rebel rousing.

13. TheOrangeEmpire

Fair enough

14. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

No. Not every road. Just the ones you use.

Let's look at it from your point of view:

"Only my direct payments from the government affect me! Those payments other people are getting that are completely indirect from me affect me! It doesn't matter how much money someone else makes! It matters how much taxes someone else pays!"

The only thing that is absolutely rediciulous is how easy it is for you to be contradictory.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

ok since i said none of those things you attribute to me i guess we are at an impasse.

16. fl0at_

You've said all of those things at one point or another.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

please show me the posts.

18. fl0at_

Happily, but let's do it easier.

Which of these four do you disagree with, if any:

1. Only my direct payments from the government affect me.

2. Those payments other people are getting that are completely indirect from me affect me.

3. It doesn't matter how much money someone else makes.

4. It matters how much taxes someone else pays.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

1. disagree
    2. not sure what this means. all money spent by the govt is important
    3. disagree
    4. absolutely correct

20. fl0at_

The first step will be #3: "It doesn't matter how much money someone else makes."

From this post (https://8thmaxim.com/forum/index.php?threads/obama-and-his-accomplishments.3653/page-12#post-79069), where you asked:

In what way are you saying, by asking this, that you disagree that it doesn't matter how much money someone else makes?