2020 recruiting

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by justingroves, Dec 21, 2018.

1. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Not my problem.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Look obviously somewhere in the AD, someone should have checked if it was indeed that simple. Cause and effect. You guys refuse to lay blame where the problem occurs. I tend to blame the action instead of the reaction. Kevin Cooper needs to tell UT staff the kid has signed. Or Hardy. That's how it's supposed to work with normal functioning people.

3. Ssmiff

You are acting like you knew about this when you probably just found out like the rest of us.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Kevin Cooper can go [uck fay] himself. I already said so in this thread. The staff needs to not be stupid. Period.

InVolNerable likes this.
  5. KyleAlexanderfan

There were rumors he had signed on ESD for weeks now. The fact that no one thought to check the DB a 2nd time with all the rumors is pure incompetence. No one said some staffer has to be refreshing it every 5 minutes.

6. Ssmiff

I cant think of a single instance where a kid has signed with a team already and not told the other teams recruiting him. There has to be something in ncaa bylaws about that scenario.

7. KyleAlexanderfan

No. But I do now know this is common place for ADs to keep tabs on this database, but ours wasn’t.

8. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

How does that matter?

9. Ssmiff

How does your post matter?

10. Ssmiff

If you know something like this well ahead of time, share it with us or put it on twitter next time. You coulda saved our entire program a lot of angst.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You should have tweeted out your thoughts on Guarantano back in 2017. Could have had Pruitt rolling by now. I guess you expected him to evaluate QBs for himself. Thanks for nothing, jerk.

InVolNerable likes this.
  12. chavisut

You got me. Let’s not discuss anything. Ever.

13. Ssmiff

That was my point. Big Kyle preaching like he knew all this and I was posting at him. You started post monitoring

14. chavisut

Goodness. Post monitoring?

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don’t know what Kyle does, but I’d be willing to bet he isn’t paid 4 million a year to keep up with this kind of thing.

chavisut likes this.
  16. Ssmiff

Monitor of posts

17. Ssmiff

Not my point. Itd be like you, instead of just making your point, claiming you knew about this all along.
    As simple as it is, really I cant believe noone in social media land knew about that site over the last few years.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Everyone knows about that site. We just don’t have access to it. Pruitt and the UT athletic department do.

The guy that posted the screenshot that ultimately led to Hardy recanting his “I haven’t signed yet” lie has been saying since NSD that both Darnell Washington and Jay Hardy signed elsewhere. The information was out there. For whatever reason our coaches didn’t have it despite it being very, very easily obtainable.

19. Ssmiff

I had no idea there was a site where you could look that up and haven't seen it mentioned before. Ever.
    Has nothing to do with our program knowing. Just saying I've not once seen it brought up before. If it had been, Washington wouldnt have been dragged out so long.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Our staff hopefully knew on Washington and chose to not be dickheads by spoiling his announcement.

But if you were paying attention, all signs pointed Georgia and this entire site pretty much conceded that way before he announced.