2020 recruiting

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by justingroves, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yes but nobody knew about that nli site or woulda linked it.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Fair enough.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think the AD knew about it, given that they checked it and saw that he wasn't signed the night of early signing day? Kpt is saying they should have checked it again, regularly, etc. I think he's right.

chavisut likes this.
  4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I’m failing to see how widespread that knowledge is amongst internet message boards matters in any way.

chavisut likes this.
  5. Ssmiff

Not arguing with that. Saying I knew nothing about it and not sure anybody here did. If they did, they shoulda linked it. The "I always knew about this" was my original target.

6. Ssmiff

Doesnt really. It's a message board. If someone is acting like they knew about this the whole time, I can challenge the accuracy of the statements.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Well your argument that someone would have posted something from the website makes no sense. The guy that did know about it for a month just posted that yesterday.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't understand.

I definitely did not know about it. Whether kptvol did or not (seems like he did), he has successfully convinced me that the AD must have. At the end of the day, that is all that matters. Hence why my opinion has changed before your eyes.

9. Ssmiff

Its really simple. Another poster was talking about it like he knew about this the whole time, and I dont think he did, or it would've come up prior to being mentioned on VN.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why would us random members of the public knowing about the website or not make any difference in evaluating whether the UT AD should have used the website THEY knew about, now?

There's no "gotcha" going on here. No one is calling you out, Ssmiff. The AD is what is being criticized, and the criticism is constructive: check the [uck fay]ing website regularly and often.

A-Smith and chavisut like this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I believe it is irrelevant whether any poster knew of it or not.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I “knew” about it in the sense that I was aware this guy said Hardy had signed with Auburn, but didn’t know if that guy was credible, though I believed he was after Darnell to UGA started to leak. It now is apparent that he was legit.

13. Ssmiff

Read the post above yours IP. You are off target.

14. Ssmiff

You debate daily about who knows what on this site. I mention it and it's "irrelevant". Perfect.

15. Ssmiff

Your opinion is irrelevant.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Are you referring to me?

17. Ssmiff

Nyet.
    Hypothetically what if his name was left off the list and UT did check on the last day of the early signing period. It's my understanding kids have to wait until the next period to sign so he should've been on the list at that time. Was he? Or was he added later in some little drama game.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The overwhelming majority of schools, especially ones with tens of millions of dollars invested in coaching and support staffs, do.

They [uck fay]ed up bad

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The NCAA is notoriously slow and late. Everyone on the planet knows that. For that very reason the site needs to be checked at least daily.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This isn't a hypothetical situation, this is reality. He was added a few days after the early signing period ended. Tennessee dropped the ball as well as Hardy lying his ass off

chavisut likes this.