2020 recruiting

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by justingroves, Dec 21, 2018.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The guy that correctly predicted everything and posted the screenshot that got Hardy and his momma to reverse course on their lies has been saying since early signing day Hardy signed with Auburn. So, I don’t think it was a late add, not that that really excuses not knowing a month later.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Btw when Hardy didn't inform other coaches of his signing when contacted, he was in breach of his NLI contract.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes, Hardy is a dipshit.

kptvol and JT5 like this.
  4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Lotta posts on this Hardy kid. At this point, shouldn't we just be saying we didn't want him anyway? Rather have someone who truly bleeds orange, yada, yada, yada?

NorrisAlan and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  5. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

No - I said I knew AFTER the fact that it was commonplace for ADs to check on this type of shit. Just apparently not commonplace with our AD for whatever reason.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

See I dont think that's accurate. Evidently players who signed are supposed to be listed as signing. I'm reading where we did check and he wasnt. That's deception on part of Auburn and Hardy and breach of contract. Evidently Washington and the other kid were listed. Why wasnt Hardy.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  7. KyleAlexanderfan

We checked the night of ESD and never bothered to check again.

8. KyleAlexanderfan

And the early signing period lasts 3 days. They reportedly checked it on the 18th and it goes until the 20th. It would only be logical to check the 21st.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

if you don't want to be exposed to it, I recommend the ignore function.

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

People on VN are saying that people on VQ are saying that Tennessee’s coaches are saying that people close to Hardy are claiming that Hardy took 75k to play for Auburn.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He was a lock to us, took a visit there and that was it. Seems like it.

justingroves likes this.
  12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I know we give out a little cash at Tennessee, but I just do not believe we are in the same league on that as Bama, Auburn, LSU, Clemson, Ohio St.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He was listed. The guy that broke this thing open first stated this weeks ago. Washington probably signed his NLI earlier. They checked when Washington was listed and Hardy’s hadn’t come in yet. They dropped the ball. End of story.

justingroves likes this.
  14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

75k is not outside our price range.

NYY, Tenacious D and justingroves like this.
  15. Memtownvol

Memtownvol Member

So, basically Hardy and his mother were playing the system to see who else would possibly give them some money for his commitment knowing when the gig was up it wasn’t like anybody was going to say anything to incriminate themselves.

Tenacious D and justingroves like this.
  16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's a common practice, but most stop after they sign

Tenacious D and Memtownvol like this.
  17. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

We give the going rate.

A-Smith likes this.
  18. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

So since hardy signed back whenever and we failed to check if he did and he told us that he didn't and we were contacting him, can Tennessee get into any sort of real trouble?

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Not any real trouble, just self reporting a minor violation

Volgrad98 likes this.
  20. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Good and lesson learned for our coaches.