2020 recruiting

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by justingroves, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Why embarrass yourself like this, and more than you already have? It’s clear that I would bludgeon and beat your eyes shut with The Maths.

You probably don’t even know your naughts and guzindas. With your school’s fancy pedophile-sponsored book learning and whatnot.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Europeans call it maths. We call it math in America.

Commie.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

U-S-A!
    U-S-A!
    U-S-A!

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Racist content is not allowed.

Memtownvol and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Unless Fulmer convinced Cutcliffe to come back and carry his fat ass to a few semi-successful seasons, he'd have to coach to 2030 to pass Neyland.

MaconVol and kmf600 like this.
  6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

What is the percentage chance that Bailey goes elsewhere when Pruitt only puts together 2 or 3 wins this season?

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I’m also wondering what the percentage chance is that he’s not that great...

TennTradition likes this.
  8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

That would be the most Tennessee thing ever. Get the guy that is supposed to be the savior of our program signed and on campus only to find out he's worse than what we already have on the roster.

A-Smith and Memtownvol like this.
  9. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

He might be great. Might be.

Not to be a star watcher, but he’s isn’t THAT highly rated.

He could easily just be OK.

10. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Hes still recruiting players to join him at tennessee. He signs here imo.

He also leads the state of ga in passing yards.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's a better chance he's not a good college qb than there is he's not a Vol.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Or even if he’s good, what if he’s just completely overwhelmed as a freshman? We waiting on 2021 to not be a bottom feeder?

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

What if every qb we get isnt good. Kindof silly to already talking about a qb sucking who may decommit anyway. What if he can actually hit open wrs, see a blitz, or change a run to attack a weakness.
    He cant really run though, and I will continue to wish for mobility at QB, which is what UT needs against SEC defenses.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I can assure you of this: we can't do worse than losing every game. no more false rock bottom depth soundings from me. rock bottom is 0-12, and we skimming along the mud-water interface this year with our win over Chattanooga.

Not today, Rock Bottom. Not today.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Beggars can't be choosers.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I mean it just seems kind of crazy that we are in a position that we are waiting on this guy to come in and save us. It was pretty obvious in 2017 that we didn't have any good QBs.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I know. Last year he didn't really have time to find a top kid uncommitted. Maurer was an Elite 11, right? Not sarcastic, I thought I read that but not sure. I still think the kid can play and win games, but, we are instilling a new pro style offense a young OL has to learn, which is also different than Maurer's HS offense, and hes a true freshman, and he doesn't have any help from an older qb to teach him what to look for and how to play. No help. Maurer can play like Bo Nix or the kid at Ole Miss imo. The things I mentioned above, along with JG practicing like Tom Brady then playing like Bobby Brady, and not wanting to go into the season with 2 freshmen scholarship qbs are the only rationalizations I can come up with as to why all this has happened and turned into a perfect storm.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Maurer was a back up plan for Ohio State. He was an elite 11 qb.

Sam Howell would have committed, but I don't think he would have turned down UNC once Mack called him.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If he's good, he'll be good immediately. Ainge wasn't anything more than decent and he was good enough to win as a freshman here. Casey Clausen was good as a freshman. Dobbs struggled as a passer, but played well enough to win as a freshman.

20. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

If he’s good, even if he’s struggling, it’ll instantly be an unrecognizable brand of football from what we’re accustomed to.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.