2020 Vol BBall Recruiting....

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

they passed out 5*s like candy then. None of those guys compares to the 5* talent at Duke, NC, Ky, etc who turn into pros each year. Hathaway was awful

2. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Jerry Green got the players.

Just couldnt keep them under control or coach em.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Between this and a comment about never seeing a season like this ever again, I think you need to recalibrate how you perceive your basketball program. We're riding high right now, but it isn't the first peak we've had. And there is no reason to think we can't sustain success going forward. If it wasn't for a BBQ we never leave the top 25 since the Pearl days. This program has self-sabotaged my entire life, and that has now stopped. If Florida could win back to back titles, if Arkansas can win a title, we can win titles.

TBSVOL likes this.
  4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Hathaway was going to be a very good player until he had some medical issues and was never the same again.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I've always said this program could/should be one of the top 15 or so in basketball. We have everything necessary to be one, but the will and the coach has never been quite right except for Pearl for about 4 years.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

After that blood clot he was never the same.

Ask John Henderson what Hathaway was like before that.

7. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Just curious, what are you counting as the necessary things?

8. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

There were 30 5 stars the year Crews was recruited. There have been 31 each of the last two years.

9. Ssmiff

We havent had a 6'7 5* guard come in with skills like the lefty kid coming. Weve also been #1 and had this record twice in my 48 years. Grant williams is about to be btb poy and we are ginna win 30 games. I dont think it will be commonplace. Maybe it will, but we dont have an admiral, grant or Bone on the roster now or committed. Yet. Nor do we have 1 big man with proven minutes outside of Fulk. If DJ was ready he woulda played

10. Ssmiff

I'll take todays top 30 vs crews, ramar, tiny harris and Yarbrough type top 30 all day. More developed, better skills, better trained. Harris couldnt hold Bones jock.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Stokes as well, wasn’t he?

12. Ssmiff

How things change though. 2 weeks ago this team was done and Barnes had mismanaged them, many here posted.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Little birds whisper to me. The strangest stories.

14. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

It’s easy to overreact. Maybe they ride this wave to a final four run. Maybe the problems they have do them in. It’s not like anyone was reacting to something they weren’t seeing on the floor.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

As a fan I reserve the right to overreact and kneejerk to any situation that arrives. My actions, reactionary or not, have zero affect on the team.

What is there to being a fan if not to be fanatical?

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Ramar, the 5 star no one recruited once they met him

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hell, some people said this team was going to finish 2-2 about a week ago.

18. Ssmiff

Still may. think 26-3 will be hard to match in the future. Thats all. If you expect that, fine, but you will probably be disappointed.

19. Ssmiff

Some people met him and disappeared

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I want championships. Everything else is always and will always be disappointing. I'm comfortable with that.

utvol0427 likes this.