2020 Vol BBall Recruiting....

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Feb 15, 2019.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

The level of play before this game was bad. That's a really odd turnaround to go from that Vandy game, which was an affront to basketball, to sleepwalking at LSU and Ole Miss, to that kind of performance.

Tar Volon likes this.
  2. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Agreed. This team has been insanely consistent this year with very few duds. Rare to see that with a college team.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

some rumors that Springer committed too, out there. as kpt already said.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

We have the facilities, a tradition of supporting basketball, a major conference, a natural blue blood rivalry just up the road, a pretty good spot for getting talent and a prime opportunity for some coach to come in here a become our Rupp or Wooden.

A-Smith likes this.
  5. Unimane

Have heard rumors of Kessler reclassifying for 2019, too. Only internet stuff, though, no little birdies.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Somebody’s gonna have to go to get him in 19, which wouldn’t be shocking

7. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Jerry Jerry Jerry

A-Smith likes this.
  8. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Fair. I guess you could probably say that of all the schools that don’t have an elite basketball history Tennessee would be one of the more well positioned to make a quick climb.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Kessler has all those ties to Georgia, though. Hopefully being insanely awful right now has turned him off of them.

Supposedly, Walker and Kessler are AAU teammates, but I've just seen that on the interwebs, not 100% sure.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Crean ain't afraid to get his hands dirty either.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think Bobby Maze is their AAU coach. 2019 commit Drew Pember plays on Maze's team too.

IP likes this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I liked Maze.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I think our basketball history is underrated. For whatever reason that next step in the NCAAT has eluded us, and there’s a couple of just brutal periods, but there’s a lot of good teams down through the years

IP likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

and good players.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Liked him a lot.

16. For the record, I'm not a twitter stalker. Grant Ramey retweeted that.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Sign his dad, too.

warhammer and A-Smith like this.
  18. Unimane

Not 2020, but I'm watching Bearden play Whitehaven and seeing Vol signee Drew Pember. Kid has sort of an old school Euro big man feel to him, nice outside stroke, decent handles. He needs some time in the weight room, though, and will need to play much tougher on the college level. However, I think he will do a nice job for us after a redshirt year.

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Is he a player that can hit the 3 at the key in our offense? Alexander and Grant are given that shot often. Grant not as much now, but a 4 or 5 who can hit that shot can really help out spacing