Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Jan 3, 2020.

1. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Win 8. Put some distance between us and South Carolina/Kentucky. Narrow the gap between us and UF/UGA.

On a macro level (with this coaching staff), I think that's a successful year.

Tar Volon likes this.
  2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I was just thinking about him last night. Kid has a lot of potential but gets hurt every year. I think he is just one of those guys that is doomed to be injury bit.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Need a stud, though. Pretty much losing all this year's playmakers sans Henry T.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

A healthy Bryce Thompson is, but a CB can be schemed out.

5. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I thought Alontae took a step this year. He at least did something right for the coaches at least to get himself back on the field.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

alontae had a little soph slump mentally and was able to bounce back thru it. He was guessing too much and doing his own thing trying to make a highlight play, like when he bit on a short pass vs BYU trying to get a pick 6 with 12 seconds left, instead of doing what coaches asked.

Memtownvol likes this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's a very good corner that rebounded nicely from a shit start.

8. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

9. The Big O

The Big O Contributor

Call me a homer. Every game on the schedule is winnable. This team will go as far as QB takes them. Year 3, only losses I could accept, but still be upset if we lost, are the big 3 and OU. That's it. Anything other than those 4 games will be deemed unacceptable imo.

10. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Seems reasonable. I'm ready to finally take one from the big 3 + OU.

11. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

OU is going to be starting a new QB. The supposed best QB recruit in the country when he came out but still inexperienced. I think our D line gives him fits. He looked to have nervous pocket presence in the few snaps he took against LSU.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

ah, just days after needing a .002% chance comeback over Indiana in the taxslayer, we are hyping up the next season.

I need to see Bailey take control of his position before I get too bubbly

13. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Oh ... I don't think we beat OU. I just don't think they score 76.

14. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Not only that, we're hyping it up with a true freshman at QB.

Tenacious D likes this.
  15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Exactly. I still remember some of the passes that Maurer, another true frosh QB, attempted versus Indiana, and how 3 of the 4 should have been picked off. And this, despite his having gotten extensive playing time this year.

I’ll believe that Bailey is a transformative QB - as all of these predictions presume and require - and as a true freshmen, when I see it.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yup.

I feel like we can walk in to any of the 12 games and compete, but we are still a long way off from saying they are all winnable.

justingroves likes this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I got all these alerts and thought I said something stupid in the other 2020 thread. The day is young I guess.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Man if you get alerts for that, you gotta do something with your settings.

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Homer

The Big O likes this.
  20. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

5-7