2021 Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by govols182, Jan 25, 2020.

1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Newest shirt out from Tristartees

FB_IMG_1589917971791.jpg

Tenacious D, Memtownvol and IP like this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm going to end up with a whole new wardrobe by September.

zehr27 likes this.
  3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Our 5 star DE from Alabama, Dylan Brooks has been downgraded to a 4 star. I don't know how that happens. Perhaps he did not use proper hand washing techniques during the stay at home.

Also, it appears we are imminently going to receive a commitment from 3 star TE Trinity Bell, a 6-7, 250 lb kid from Alabama who people seem to think is destined for the DL.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Trinity Bell is a guy you take and figure it out later, he's a freak athlete for his size

SetVol13 likes this.
  5. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Watched a little bit of his film and I concur.

6. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Yeah Lewis dropped pretty far too. Something like 20 spots. Brooks was like 60 something spots. I’m with you. Drops of that magnitude with absolutely no new information (no new game film or camps) other than commitments are puzzling. Not to go full “VN dude who tweets at recruits” but if those two had committed to Bama or UGA no chance they drop like that. None.

Otherwise when you drop guys that far with absolutely no new information to go off of aren’t you admitting that, at best, you [uck fay]ed up pretty bad the last time and probably don’t know what you’re taking about?

utvol0427 and Memtownvol like this.
  7. yont sum iss?

Again, not just talking a few spots. Dylan Brooks falling 60 spots is saying someone decided that he is a significantly worse prospect than he was a month ago. I don’t understand what data there could be out there to support that. Falling that far makes no sense. But here I am talking about it so maybe they got what they wanted?

8. yont sum iss?

Brooks fell 43 spots and Lewis 15. Aaron Willis fell 64 spots! My point still remains.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Feels like our whole society is just getting more and more corrupt. You see stuff that doesn’t add up or isn’t transparent in every aspect of life. Maybe it’s always been this way and I was just too naive to notice. Shoulda learned my lesson back in ‘97.

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Aaron Willis is the real deal. Them dropping him like that has no basis on his film.

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

And JG was a top 5 dual threat qb. And Richmond was a 5*, as was Blair. Jennings a 3*. And a made up fake profile was given a 3* in recent years. A nonexistent player got a ranking.
    There havent even been camps to evaluate. Most of those guys wouldnt know what to look for and either go with hype or follow the $

Memtownvol likes this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

We had someone shoot way high, too. On the DL?

13. yont sum iss?

Jahvaree Ritzie and Tyrion Ingram-Dawkins are guys we’re in on that jumped a lot. I don’t think anyone actually committed did. Maybe I’m wrong though.

IP likes this.
  14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Jennings was a 4 star in every site

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Committed guys don't draw clicks, uncommitted do

IP likes this.
  16. Ssmiff

Thought he was 3* qb

17. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Both uncommitted. This will drive more clicks when they do commit.

Edit - dangit didn't see groves' post.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He was a 4* qb. He was rated higher than Lamar Jackson and Joe Burrow

Ssmiff likes this.
  19. Ssmiff

another miss then, really. I guess they assumed he would play college qb.

20. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Go back and watch the Gameday's from that year. They were legit pushing for Brian Griese after Michigan blew out Penn State the last week of October.