2021 Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by govols182, Jan 25, 2020.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Guarantano singlehandly lost GSU and BYU in 2019. Who knows how Alabama shakes out without the dumbass dive. He's lost UK and Auburn in 2020. I would say Tennessee wins against UGA if he didn't throw stupid interceptions or get strip sacked for touchdowns.

There's 6 in two years

VOLinDAWGland and Ssmiff like this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I give Mullen nothing. you can't make me. I will not do it.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Oh...[uck fay] Mullen

IP likes this.
  4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Playing hypotheticals, if we had a competent coach, we likely wouldn't have had JG taking snaps the last two seasons.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

maybe true but Dwight Shrout and Maurer can't make it through a game without injury or freaking out.

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yeah, but they weren't just wandering through town and decided to stop at UT to play QB. They were brought to shit mountain by King Turd.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  7. Ssmiff

Shrout was a mistake brought in by a coach with no time to recruit and bad advice from Helton. Shoulda kept Penix. Maurer was a baller and near OSU commit. Couldnt foresee his head issues.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Maurer probably would have been alright but he broke his head and got humiliated by a sorority girl. Shrout wasn't a good move.

Pruitt brought Chryst in to unseat Guarantano and started Maurer several games last year. I don't see it as Pruitt is hell bent on starting Guarantano as much as everyone else sucks too. I still say a normal spring and summer would have led to Bailey on the field a lot quicker

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Throw in that Chryst didn't accumulate enough hours and Tennessee couldn't go after grad transfers for one off season, he was doubly screwed.

10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

We were getting whipped in the trenches against Georgia, and our defense was awful against Georgia State, but I figure minimum 3, and more if the replacement is high-level and not just competent.

I will say JG was pretty clutch against Auburn in 2018. Probably the only game in his career where I felt like he was a big part in winning it for us.

11. Ssmiff

JG did get rid of the ball and get it out to 1 v 1 matchups, but iir, every ball was 50/50 due to not leading them and we caught every one.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Darrell Jackson, low 3* DE, decommits. This one is kind of expected

13. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Just beat out Memphis, Washington State, and NC A&T for lineman, so things are heating up for us on the crootin’ front.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

Anybody see any D film? Believe his last rating was last year at OL. Will play DL

IP likes this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

That was my immediate blind guess based on his photo. He's going to be a DE or OLB

16. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Hell yeah. Looks like we’re set on the dline.

17. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I can’t break film down like Sab so hopefully someone else with a little backyard 5 on 5 experience can chime in.

PilotFlyingJ and Memtownvol like this.
  18. Ssmiff

i just like to try to get more of a story before assuming a kid can't play. Some play multiple sports and/or don't camp to get ranked and more offers, which affected a lot of kids this year missing the entire camp season, or play a position in HS, are ranked by some dude in a cubicle based on offers but projected to play another position in college. We need violent DL with good hands. Ours now seem to just accept blocks and get stuck on them.

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Got schools from all over the country knocking on his door. Lucky to get him.

20. Ssmiff