2021 season prediction

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Volokie, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

What will the team do this season? Post your prediction, all I ask is that it is a single prediction of the regular season final result. I think it'll be interesting to re visit towards the end of the season and see how wrong we were and why.

I think the team wins 9 games, losing only to Alabama, Georgia, and Missouri.

2. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

6-6

Start 3-0, but midseason hiccups make October unbearable. We stumble across the finish and get to bowl eligibility. I think other than Alabama and Georgia, this will be a wild year in the SEC.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

BG W
    Pitt L
    TTech W
    Florida L
    Missouri W
    USCjr W
    Ole Miss L
    Sister Lovers L
    UK W
    UGA L
    South Bama W
    Vandy W

7-5

A-Smith likes this.
  4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

5-7

2-1 heading into Gainesville, fans getting optimistic, and proceed to get beat by 4 scores.

Close win over SC.

Lose to UK again.

Finish the season with two wins against shit teams, where we look decent, majority of the fan base is Heup for Heupel and are certain that 2022 will be our year.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

7 wins

BG
    Pitt
    Tech
    South Carolina
    Kentucky
    South Alabama
    Vandy

I think Heupel will get in a shoot out with Florida or Georgia and scare them but lose

hohenfelsvol and IP like this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

we have to have a winning season for me to have any confidence that things can improve. this schedule is as favorable as it ever will be. it's year 1, but it isn't like we are recruiting at an elite level right now so the change must start on the field

NorrisAlan likes this.
  7. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Anywhere between 5-7 and 8-4. That's the floor and ceiling.

cpninja and IP like this.
  8. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

6-6 final answer

9. cpninja

cpninja Member

6-6 but if I was putting money on it it'd take the under

3 "free" wins(BG, TTech, South Alabama) and If Heup cant find 3 wins among the middle of the pack SEC teams(and Pitt) then it is what it is, not gonna make it back to the promised land(taxslayer gator bowl) any time soon. Need better 'croots to get back to being truly competitive but has to be able to coach up what he's got to be at least better than Vandy and UK. No excuses even in year -1

10. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I used to take shit teams to undefeated seasons in NCAA all the time. Heupel has no excuse not to do that here.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

8-4

BG W
    Pitt W
    Tech W
    Florida L
    Missouri L
    USCjr W
    Ole Miss W
    Bama L
    UK W
    UGA L
    South Bama W
    Vandy W

I think they are going to be fired up for Pitt. The crowd is gonna be next level for Lane's return, and I'll never admin UK will beat us. I have Mizzou as the "lay an egg" game.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

and there is a lot cheese potential with this QB #7

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Definitely. Default speed will be 85 just because of his complexion. I'd recommend Heupel have him sprint towards the sideline immediately after taking the snap to break the secondary AI logic, then throw it deep for a WR to user catch.

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Lane is going to be next level for his return. I think he'd enjoy rolling into Knoxville and putting up 50 almost as much as he'd enjoy beating Saban.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

he did install the speed option

16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Actually it's year zero. We must give him longer than we gave Johnny Majors imo. It might suck a little this year, but that 6-6 Music City Bowl birth in 2023 is going to be an amazing day. Anyone who disagrees doesn't actually support those boys in orange.

PilotFlyingJ and IP like this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

We will see this position presented on Volnation before the end of October.

Memtownvol and ole_orange like this.
  18. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

But for real I think it all hinges on the Pitt game. Not exactly Dan Marino's Pitt squad that is walking into Knoxville. If we get "out athleted" by Pitt, we are in serious serious trouble.

IP likes this.
  19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

In a just world, Tennessee would cease to ever lose to Mizzou and Kentucky in football for the remainder of time.

Memtownvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Am I mentally ill for holding out hope in the back of my head that Lane Kiffin is ultimately going to return to Knoxville one day and save the program?

justingroves likes this.