2021 Vols Baseball

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by The Dooz, Feb 19, 2021.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

See what winning does. It actually makes you invest your time. Odd how that works.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Definitely. I'm proud of this team. They gave us more fun than we have had in awhile.

CardinalVol and OneForVol like this.
  3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

The commentary doesn't match my reading of the quote. Just sayin'. It doesn't look like a dodge to me but a clarification that he thus far has not paid any attention to such matters.

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm prepared for a big ol' kick in the [penis]

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Looks like he’s letting his agent do agent stuff, which is probably the worst thing we could’ve realistically taken from a postgame interview (he wasn’t gonna say “bye, y’all,” but he might’ve reaffirmed his commitment to UT). But it’s certainly not the end of the road.

7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I don't know, he just hired Jimmy Sexton. That guy would NEVER screw over his beloved alma mater.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
  8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Jimmy Sexton doesn’t work for the University of Tennessee. Jimmy Sexton works for the coaches who hire him to work for them. He does the job he’s asked to do by the people who pay him to do it. Where he went to school is irrelevant.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I dont think it’s complicated. Does Dr Dan White step up, or not?

IP likes this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Jimmy Sexton isn't a villain or enemy. There is a market and UT AD has to stop trying to beat it.

A-Smith likes this.
  11. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Swain just said he’s prepared to make Vitello the highest paid coach in the country. If they do that and he still leaves, you can’t really fault him for that.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

If he does that I doubt he leaves

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

14. JohnnyQuickkick

I get that LSU is attractive. But it’s not like it used to be. Plenty of money to go around, and we just bludgeoned them off the field without all their advantages. If the AD does his job no reason to go there.

15. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Depends. Maybe our beloved AD is offering a huge salary but not promising him what he wants with the facilities and making him feel that it’s a certainty rather than a potentially empty promise.

16. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Isn’t the question if Tennessee (&TN donors) will actually spend the money it has on baseball. It’s not just up to the AD to make the commitment to baseball.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Unlikely. White knows that facilities need upgrading.

18. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Yeah - but I’m sure he’d like to see more than just expanding the seating area along 3B. It’s going to take a total renovation to make that park competitive. Although they don’t need to make it too big. 8k with possibility of expanding it to 10ish is probably good enough.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

Yeah I think they’re kind of all lumped together under the AD now a days

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The money is there. That's the last thing I am worried about.

I'm just not sold on Dr. Danny White, PHD, MD, JD, CPA, MBA

zehr27 and Daddy Gee like this.