2021 Vols

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by **TDCVOL**, Dec 5, 2020.

1. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Will Pruitt still be the head coach ?

If so...

Who will be DC ?
    What changes will be made ?

If not...

Who will be the next head coach ?

2. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Yes. Goes 6-6 so he gets 2022 as well because of his 3-4 game improvement from 2020.

Memtownvol and A-Smith like this.
  3. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Pruitt will be here. Sunseri as DC. A new low in Vol history...most games lost. Pruitt fired. Good options taken. Freeze gone. Meyer at Texas. Campbell at Michigan. So, pick your favorite coordinator or Skip Holtz

4. KyleAlexanderfan

Would be a big upgrade.

5. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Go get Chadwell if you can't get Matt Campbell. Actually, I think Chadwell just raised his stock so much tonight to the point where he may actually be on our radar. I kind of figured he'd be heading to South Carolina next year and he may still be but I think there's a chance Tennessee goes for him.

I don't think Gomer is coming back. I want Campbell. I know many want Freeze but I just think as much as it makes sense in so many ways it won't happen because of his baggage. Chadwell has had a few issues but not on Freeze's level. He will be the happy medium choice. I watched that BYU game and I can say his team plays hard for him and look well coached. His defense looks like a bunch of nasty, dirty, junkyard dogs. I'd love to see that here.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Pelini will still be there, don't worry.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

There will be some new coach people will be drooling over next year, and the year after that, and the year after that.

Short of Meyer coming here, the only sure fire bet out there is Campbell. Other than that, you are guessing they can handle a P5 job just because they did well at coastal or louisiana.

Ben Tobin, Tar Volon, Unimane and 3 others like this.
  8. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

Looks like Harbaugh is going to sign a three year extension sometime next week, so the Campbell to Michigan thing isn’t happening. I’d be more concerned about him going to the nfl.

9. TDVol1989

Hugh Freeze would win here. If you don’t want him I get it. Campbell is not sure fire. Certainly not a quick impact.

10. TDVol1989

then Michigan is stoooooopid

11. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

They finally stopped being cats, and now they're dooeeeegggs

12. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

How do you know Freeze would win here?

13. TDVol1989

Because I watch football. It’s that damn simple. This team wins 3 more games this year with Freeze. Billy DingleCambJones is more likely but i am right

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  14. TDVol1989

And I am not saying he wins a natty. Just that we stop losing so much.

15. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

He went 5-7 his last year there with similar talent. He might be better than Pruitt but he's not a savior.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

you know, there is nothing quite as silly as someone insisting they are right about something that won't ever be tested and has no logical basis for a certain outcome. "I watch football" is the other side of the coin of "who yuh gonna git?"

Tennessee sucks right now, and acting like you have secret knowledge doesn't make a lick of difference

17. TDVol1989

You either want to win soon or you want to wait until the next year 3. Freeze is a douche. But we absolutely stop setting new lows instantly. This isn’t Oxford. What do you think Pruitt would do with that same team Freeze took 5-7 ?

18. TDVol1989

I don’t have secret knowledge and that’s what is so confounding. How can you not see? I made the same point about not being able to watch it play out. But come on. The guy made a pretty quick impact at all his stops. I think all of us have waited long enough

19. KyleAlexanderfan

What’s Campbell’s buyout these days anyway? We sure as hell aren’t hiring him if paying for Pruitt’s buyout is such an ordeal.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  20. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

What about this program makes you think it's superior to Ole Miss right now?