2022 Basketball Recruiting

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jun 30, 2021.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Announcing tomorrow.

Got a crystal ball for Texas after announcing the announcement

2. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Can we plz land a PG? Seems like this should be one of the most desirable locations for a good pg transfer.

3. KyleAlexanderfan

Missed on Hunter. Texas bound.

4. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Can't buy, err I mean, win em all

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yeah we got outbid. He’s not a good shooter. Probably KC like in other aspects though. Would have been nice but I think ZZ will be more than fine at PG

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

ZZ will have to slow down a little bit, but he has a lot to work with. Depth is a big concern

7. KyleAlexanderfan

They’re still going to add someone. They have to. They know 2 freshmen PGs like Chandler and Zeigler aren’t the norm so we will be lucky to anything more than mop up duty from BJE.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

JJJ and Santi can bring it up to give ZZ a break. Key as well.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I hate Vescovi at point. But if it is for 7 minutes a game and not 30, it’s definitely not the end of the world.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Hopefully BJ Edwards will be worth some minutes

11. Ssmiff

just to bring ball up so ZZ can get a breather. Who knows. Send him an on ball pick with JJJ on the right side of the court cleared out and let’s see what happens. That’s his next phase of development. He and JJJ both

IP and A-Smith like this.
  12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Ziegler as the only PG is concerning, the only real hole I see with this team. But, it's a decent sized hole if we can't get another PG. I like ZZ, but he's undersized and had some struggles at the end of last season. ZZ is a good player with limitations, making him as the only real PG on the team a challenging proposition. As we saw in 2020-21, the PG by committee is problematic.

Personally, as is, I think we are a top 15, roughly, team. With another merely good to very good PG, we are top 10.

13. Customtaco

Customtaco Member

Didn't we sign a freshman PG and have a transfer PG coming in?

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

BJ Edwards is the freshman. Tyreke Key isn’t a PG. At least not a pure one

15. Ssmiff

Justin Powell to Washington State.

16. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Random.

17. Ssmiff

Hopefully for him is an I’m getting as far away from here as possible and figure some shit out on my own. Even if he doesn’t hoop. I feel for kids like him and they are many. High expectations. High pressure. Used to have to have some touchy dad you gotta back off a little talks, which you could get away with more in 90s. Don’t think you can do that much at all anymore. Powell was held back by those close to him by allowing or pushing for bad, rash choices over growth and patience. If he’s not gonna try to be a JJ redick coming off picks and letting it fly, he better spend the summer at ball handling camp.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
  18. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Something seemed off about his demeanor last year.

19. Ssmiff

body language was off

20. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I don’t have any reason to believe he couldn’t grow into it but I don’t think he was tough enough to succeed under Barnes.