2022 Basketball Recruiting

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

different ballgame now. Question is did we offer him enough $ and PT, which I’m sure Barnes prefers to offer or guarantee neither, while coaches like Pearl will guarantee PT and a certain amount of shots even if it never happens

2. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

The fact nobody seems to know what he’s doing this close to the announcement tells me he could well end up going G League

3. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Phillips is a Vol

IP likes this.
  4. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Lol Auburn.

IP likes this.
  5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Whoah. Was not expecting that.

IP likes this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Lol @ Auburn, they thought they had him

CitrusCo.Vol likes this.
  7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

What does that do to our ceiling next year? I mean we’re still losing Fulky and Chandler and BHH…

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Very big deal for our frontline. Chandler is still a significant loss, in my opinion. PGs who can run the game and score are golden. We'll miss him, but Phillips will certainly fill in some gaps.

I don't think BHH is too much of a loss with Phillips in the fold. Fulky, neither, especially with his inconsistency.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

At a minimum it negates the loss of BHH.

We have Zeigler, two 7 footers, hopefully JJJ and vescovi... we may not play as fast but there are some interesting pieces for the coaching staff to work with.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Zz, santi, jjj, Philips, Uros, Key, not a bad first 6

IP likes this.
  11. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

The young center’s development will be key to our success/demise next season. The backcourt is set.

12. KyleAlexanderfan

You need a starting or co-starting PG. I don’t think we see any better results than the first weekend without one. Not sold on ZZ starting and a CG freshman in Edwards backing him up. And we’ve seen what happens when Vescovi has to play there.

Add the Hunter transfer and the team is as good as last year. VN is saying he’s Texas’s to lose though.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

As much as I love ZZ I do kind of fear that his returns might diminish a bit with more exposure

Tar Volon likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think the idea is tyreke key will play some point guard

Ssmiff likes this.
  15. KyleAlexanderfan

That would surprise me tbh.

We've been pushing hard for a new pg and would’ve had one awhile ago with Collins if SLU didn’t threaten to report us for tampering. Think we were always taking Key regardless of Collins.

16. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

ZZ made the SEC all defensive team and showed what I thought was a high basketball IQ for a reclassified freshman. I get the reservations, but I think he’s plenty capable.

17. KyleAlexanderfan

He really struggled down the stretch but I have no issue with him playing 25 mins per game. Chandler played like 35 last year and was in damn near the whole game as the season winded down. I don’t think we are going to have a good enough 2nd option at PG like ZZ was this year without adding someone else.

I wouldn’t want him playing 35 mpg. His speed and quickness will always be a huge asset, but his size will also always be a limitation.

Volsdude likes this.
  18. KyleAlexanderfan

Looks like Jarrod Harper ended up playing 33mpg his last year at Auburn. I think he has a little more size than ZZ though.

19. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

As the saying goes around here, [uck fay] Auburn.

justingroves likes this.
  20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

How good is this kid? Better than BHH but not as polished as Chandler? Is he a 1 and done caliber player?