2022 NCAA Tournament Seeding thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by IP, Mar 13, 2022.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah I have way too much chalk in mine but I pretty much accept that I have no insight into this

2. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I saw someone say on twitter "If you're crying about A&M now you should have been rooting for them on Sunday. The Vols take no prisoners." While I agree they got the screw job its also satisfying to know that we were the one to crush the military larpers' dreams.

justingroves, A-Smith and utvol0427 like this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm just objecting to using the number of teams in the tournament from a conference as justification for one of the teams being there. It's dumb.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is hard to get people remote to a team to care about a 3 seed instead of an earned 2. I see TAMU as the easy example of the whole process being corrupt.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

No bracket challenge this year? Was curious to see which of you jackasses would win by being the only person on the board who doesn’t pick UT to win it all.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I sincerely believe if Tennessee continues to play defense like they have the last few weeks and can keep hitting shots, they can win it all. My bracket isn't a meme or a homer pick.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

We are told and Gonzaga are the two strongest teams in the field. Tennessee beat one while not playing as well as they are now and I don't think Gonzaga is quite what they are claimed to be.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I agree with you. I also think the tournament is a complete crap shoot most of the time, and the team who wins usually has a little luck sprinkled into a round or 2.

But why not us?

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I just made my bracket a short bit ago. I think I had Gonazaga, UCLA, UT, and Kansas, with UT beating Gonzaga in the Final. Took IU as my 12 seed to advance in round 1, whoever is playing Providence as my 13, and maybe VT as my 11?

10. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I got Colgate in the final 4.

11. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

ND-Rutgers has been fun as hell

12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Rutgers had a timeout with 1.4 and could have moved the ball down and didn't take it?

13. KyleAlexanderfan

Alabama too athletic for ND?

14. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Actually it looked like they were calling a timeout, but the officials didn’t grant it. #’s 4 and 27 were calling for time almost immediately after the bucket by ND, but it wasn’t given.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Took tamu's spot. Didn't belong

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yup, he's got a yell leader audition lined up.

justingroves likes this.
  17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Bonfires at midnight

CardinalVol likes this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

a necessarily imperfect process. What the [uck fay] does that mean?

19. KyleAlexanderfan

Lunardi is such a [itch bay].

20. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

It's necessary so a few people can make unquestioned arbitrary decisions.