2022 NCAA Tournament Thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Mar 17, 2022.

1. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Who hasn’t heard of Dickinson?

2. KyleAlexanderfan

It was a point of reference. We have decent shooting guards from behind the arc and 1 who is elite behind the arc. He shoots worse than our decent guards but his % is still respectable, especially for a 7’1 guy who dominates the paint.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I hit a half court shot in a pick up game at the Y a couple years back. Can't imagine why people didn't start picking me up at half court from that point forward.

4. KyleAlexanderfan

Probably because you suck and Chism doesn’t suck?

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Invol. Watches no college ball but shows up after a big L with Google stats

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Again, you could have compared him to our center(s). You could have just said "he's 7'1 and shoots 31% from 3, which is respectable," and no one would have disagreed. But that's not what you said.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

"Most of our team shoots 35-36%" from 3. Steph Curry is shooting 38% from 3 this year, just as a reference point.

Lol.

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

la?

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Wow, it's impressive how fast you were in coming up with that insult.

10. KyleAlexanderfan

33%*

I’ll say again. It’s a point of reference. You like arguing about the dumbest shit that doesn’t matter. He shoots 33% it’s not shocking he could shoot 0/6 or 3/5 on any given night.

11. KyleAlexanderfan

Our centers don’t shoot the 3.

12. KyleAlexanderfan

Good for him. Dickinson shoots 33%.

13. KyleAlexanderfan

It’s not an insult.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We are discussing our coach's (in)ability to prepare for tournament games. Dickinson was shooting 31% going into our game against Michigan, not 33%.

15. KyleAlexanderfan

I don’t know Rick Barnes’s game plan for him as I said but I did see Plavsic intentionally leave him several times. I take issue with people acting like it’s just bad luck Barnes that a guy who shoots 33% from 3 shot 3/5 against us when he was left open.

It’s another thing to say woe is me when that guy threw up the blind hook shoot. That’s just pure luck.

Tenacious D likes this.
  16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

There was also at least 1 time where Plavsic was in front of him and just didn't close out on the shot or even put his hand up. I believe it is more likely that Plavsic didn't do what he was supposed to multiple times in a game than Barnes just failing to account for the opponent's best player being able to make the occasional 3 pointer.

The 3/5 isn't what did us in by itself. It's a combination of a lot of things. Dickinson shooting 3/5, us shooting 2/18, the late foul calls, the blind hook shot. All of it has some basis in the chaos that IP mentioned earlier, and if any of those things go the other direction, there's a decent chance we win that game.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Not I. At least this time. I'm ragging on the adjustments.

18. KyleAlexanderfan

To balance it out Houstan went 0/3 from deep and was scoreless. He’s one of their better 3 point shooters.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Don't sleep on Providence. Miami is also playing extremely well right now.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Can't believe Larranaga is still there.