2022 NCAA Tournament Thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Mar 17, 2022.

1. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Deez nuts.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Aidoo has the length and likes to block with his left which is beneficial vs righty shooters. He just tends to get pushed around right now due to his weight and strength. When he can body up more and not give up position he will be a very reliable inside defender

Tar Volon and Indy like this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm more worried about maintaining guard levels, I know we have the talent developing with the bigs. Maybe the French guy is solid. Zeigler is obviously good though not great. We need a Chandler or vescovi piece. Or both

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

No. I’ve acknowledged Barnes’s postseason struggles numerous times in this thread. I’ve even acknowledged that he bears some level of responsibility for this year’s failure.

But I’d lay the majority of the blame for this Michigan loss at the feet of chaos. A lot of shit that he can’t directly control had to go wrong, simultaneously, for us to lose that game.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

If anything this kind of season is why ones like the sister Jean bs or Oregon state bs are so infuriating. Those were lost opportunities. This was a cold shooting game against a team with an athletic 7'1 center.

6. Ssmiff

yeah we need shooters and slashers. I don't see us offensively having weapons in the post, but a couple slashers, couple spot up shooters and a 4 who can hit the 3 at the key in our offense would help

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Last years team wasn’t very good though. The Loyola team had a very doable path to the final four

Tar Volon likes this.
  8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Would a Michigan victory over Nova tonight change anyone’s thoughts about Barnes/this year’s team?

9. Ssmiff

no but at least Jay Wright has coached them up enough for Gillespie to hit end of shot clock 3s.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Did the runs of the other teams that took Barnes teams out change anyone's mind?

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don’t remember

12. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

From the internet:
    “Mark Few has more DUIs than National Championships.”

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think it’s hard to get a team tournament ready in that league

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Meanwhile both Arkansas’ success and Michigan looking like utter garbage are both somehow depressing

15. Ssmiff

Michigan hits a running midrange hook on us for a late dagger then misses 20 layups tonight. Nova also scored 21 more from 3 than we did and at least 3 were late clock launches by Gillespie. We had better looks from 3 than nova had, and they banked 1 in.

16. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Nova played good defense unlike us and their bigs were extremely physical like they were when they punched us in the mouth.

InVolNerable and A-Smith like this.
  17. Ssmiff

yes they are good and physical. Dickensian also got in foul trouble in 1st half and sat. Michigan still shot 10-26 on shots around the rim, quite a few of them uros’d

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I know. We should be in the elite 8

19. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I just realized what might make me happiest would be Coach K getting mollywhomped in his last career game by Kelvin Sampson.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  20. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

But I’ll settle for Texas Tech