2022 SEC tournament predictions

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by IP, Mar 8, 2022.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Round 1: Missouri, Vanderbilt

Round 2: Florida, LSU, South Carolina, Alabama

Round 3: Auburn, Arkansas, Tennessee, Alabama

Round 4: Arkansas, Tennessee

Champion: Tennessee

2. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Unfortunately I think Kentucky will win.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Tampa is a dumb location

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Better locations: New Orleans, Memphis, Nashville, Atlanta. Hell, Charlotte. This stuff isn't hard.

A-Smith and justingroves like this.
  5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Honestly it should be in Nashville every year

justingroves and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Is Tampa really THAT bad?

And what I would give if we had that thing at The Forum in Memphis. People down there would lose their minds.

IP likes this.
  7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Just takes away so many fans who could hop in the car or quick southwest flight to enjoy the atmosphere. Downtown Nashville on sec tourney week is really fun except for all the blue but they spend all their meth cash in town

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Don't think Tampa is an awful place, I think it is an inconvenient place for SEC fans with jobs.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

We don’t usually play too well in the SEC tournament but this is the first year the city has started with the letter T

10. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I think it was in Tampa when we had Cuonzo.

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Must have been St Petersburg (because I already wrote my post about the significance of the letter T)

IP likes this.
  12. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

It was actually under Bruce when we choked against MSU in the championship game.

Oof we really should’ve won it back to back years then.

13. Ssmiff

Still a little irritated at you for attacking me for sticking up for Barnes earlier in the year. We had a great season considering how pissed off some of you and others were over Ls. I looked at 2 freshmen pgs, guys out with covid and key players missing games with injuries along with missing wide open shots. Really has nothing to do with Barnes. Whoever is coach, if players go cold on open shots, it's on the players. If players are turning it over and suck on d or play with little effort and stay on the court in a loss, it's on the coach. You guys make it personal whereas I make it about the product. When the product sucks its time to go, whoever it is.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've been team ssmiff this year

SetVol13, Indy and Ssmiff like this.
  15. Ssmiff

Need to make noise in March but can't discount 3 months of entertainment imo and with all the shit going on in the world, something to look forward to twice a week.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

You stick up for every coach always. You were right about Barnes and this team though

KyleAlexanderfan likes this.
  17. Ssmiff

Blatantly false. Didnt stick up for Wade Houston, Kevin O'Neil, Jerry Green, cuonzo or Buzz. Stuck up for Tyndall because he could coach a little.
    Didn't stick up for Fulmer, Pruitt, Kiffin. Laughed at Dooleys goofiness. Cancelled season football tickets I'd had for 10 years while Butch was coaching. Me enjoying us beating ga btb and breaking the UF streak and beating 3 big 10 teams has nothing to do with who was coaching.
    And re this bball team, there was nothing for me to be right about except how dumb overreactions can look.

18. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Not taking up for Wade Houston and Buzz Peterson is a pretty low bar.

Poppa T likes this.
  19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

You weren’t pro Dooley and Butch on volnation? I forgot your old username (before Limpleg) but I could have sworn you were. I’m sorry if if I’ve got you falsely caricatured. Maybe I am mixing you up with someone else

KyleAlexanderfan likes this.
  20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain