2022 Vols Baseball

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by utvol0427, Sep 16, 2021.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

How many, if any, teams will have a pitching staff better than ours next season?

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don’t know that any team will return their Tuesday and primary Friday-Sunday starters. But we will.

chavisut likes this.
  3. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Nashville radio acting like we’re all crying in our cheerios and embarrassed by the trash throwing? I could give a [uck fay] what any other fan base thinks about this team or this program. This was arguably the most fun Tennessee sports season I’ve had since the 90s. [uck fay] everybody. I could give a shit what any of them think. This team was amazing and everyone can suck our balls because we’ll be living in their heads for a long while. Lions and [uck fay]ing sheep

justingroves likes this.
  4. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Doe, Ahuna, and Skenes if they can land him could all be 1st rounder next year.

The Power hitting Juco OF is another that could be big.

Yes, almost impossible to replicate, but I’m paper they could be better. Remember, paper didn’t think this team was anything but middle of pack SEC

chavisut likes this.
  5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

This stuff is why I love Tony. Refreshing after the continued parade of morons deflecting blame we've had in Knoxville the last 10 plus years.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He won me over when he told Taylor Lewan they quit letting strippers in the locker room because the glitter was too hard to clean up

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

He won me over when called the Fresno St (I think it was) coach a meatstick and told him to mind his own business.

justingroves likes this.
  8. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Maui Ahuna speaks on decision

"They have a young coaching staff, which I like about them," Ahuna told Volquest about his decision. "The way they've turned around the program the last six years shows a lot about their coaching and how they let the players play. I just want to surround myself around the best coaching."

"I want to feel comfortable wherever I'm at and (Tony) Vitello made me feel comfortable on my visit," Ahuna said. "I liked the campus, I liked the people, I liked the stadium. I was only there for a day and everybody showed me a lot of love."Tony's personality. He's just cool. I can tell he's a very good coach and I know he'll take very good care of me."

"They can really develop their players," Ahuna said. "The program was struggling when they got there and they've been able to recruit and develop those players once they got to campus. "Me as a player, I want to come into this program and come out even better. I feel like Tony Vitello's crew will do that for me."

"A lot of schools showed me interest in the portal, but Vitello and his guys did it the right way," Ahuna said. "I'm going to bring everything I've got. Going to try my best and play my hardest, but mainly I'm going to have fun. I'm ready to show everybody what I've got and hopefully next year I can lead them to Omaha."

Ahuna is the first transfer to pick the Vols this offseason, but won’t be the last. As the Vols look to reload after spending most of this season as the unanimous No. 1 team in the country, Ahuna has already begun recruiting other elite transfers to Knoxville. "I've already started texting some guys asking them if we're going to be teammates," Ahuna said. "Hopefully they make good decisions and come to Tennessee with me."

9. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Basilio saying Tommy White may be setting up a visit to UT soon. I still think FSU and UF are more likely destinations, but if we get him on campus, we at least have a chance.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I’ve seen the debate regarding UT not bringing in new to baseball viewers, which is so wrong. I personally know at least 50 people who started tuning in and didn’t care before. Some to see the show, some to see us lose. Either way, they watched. I’d be interested about ratings

11. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Who are these "maze bright" people leading this debate?

Maybe if the jacklegs had not scheduled so many games on the SEC+ streaming platform, then the "ratings" would not be "debated".

justingroves likes this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Lol what? A lot more people in Tennessee are watching, that is for sure

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I haven’t seen this debate anywhere.

14. Ssmiff

It came across my twitter feed but I can’t find it. Bald dude on tv stating UT only brought current baseball fans and didn’t add new ones.

15. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Cool. Bald guy on the twitters. Sounds legit.

16. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

UTAD says "Hold my beer."

17. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

And NC and SC and ...

18. Ssmiff

It was a terrible take. Just shows some hated us so much they couldn’t think straight and want to give no credit for anything, they so mad

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The amount of people that came out of the woodwork just to hate Tennessee is funny

utvol0427 likes this.
  20. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

That I can believe.

Just from a live game attendance standpoint with a stadium that seats less than 10,000, we blew those records out.

This is from APRIL 18.
    "The (attendance) record was set back in 1997.. when just over 64-thousand took in games at Lindsey Nelson Stadium.
    This year.. they’ve already had 105-thousand 952 in attendance."