2023 Vols Baseball

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by The Dooz, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Damn LSU looked like they were on the ropes and then turned in four homers in three innings.

2. Tar Volon

Three outs and (maybe) back to Lindsey Nelson

3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

It’s a great game. Reminding me of our battle with Clemson last night

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I like our chances.

TDVol1989 and IP like this.
  5. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

6. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Nail that coffin shut on this regional. This is over

7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

What a gutsy effort all weekend. Couldn’t be more proud of this team right now

TDVol1989 likes this.
  8. CardinalVol

Crazy. Never thought they could do it on the road.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

We faced 22 pitchers in 3 games

10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

We are the Governors of South Carolina now. 5-1 in that state in the past week.

11. CardinalVol

Bye bye Vandy.

12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Please tell me the Auburn AD who headed the NCAA baseball selection committee this year that corruptly ensured Auburn was gifted a Regional isn't involved in subjectively determining who gets to host a Super in the event USM beats Penn twice. I don't understand how it's set up to be a subjective politiking thing

We have similiar records. We have a higher RPI. Better SOS. Didn't lose in our regional once. Beat a higher seed. Beat way more ranked opponents. Knoxville is a bigger city with more hotels than Hattiesburg. I just don't understand the angle out there as to why USM would be deserving to host over us should they end up beating the Quakers twice to advance.

13. Tar Volon

Penn takes an early lead, and a barnburner starting at Stanford. I will not be staying up for either.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah I’m not sure what the basis of this is

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

What a load of horseshit.

16. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Some are not happy unless they are playing the "We be disrespected" card. For some reason they can't be happy unless they can play victim; even before anything has happened.

18. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Sounds like the gatekeepers of college baseball are still salty about the rise of Tony V's "disrespectful" program and antics. Vitello has made enemies in this universe for being too abrasive and "classless". ADs, the NCAA Gestapo in Indy and opposing coaches can't stand the guy.

"He doesn't 'go about it' the *CoRrEcT* way and we can't reward his program with any breaks yada yada yada".... Kinda a paranoid, tin foil way of looking at this but it's the only explanation I can think of.

Because on no planet does it make any logical sense as to why USM would get the nod over us to host over us.

19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I mean after all we forced the entire sport to universally alter the rules on celebrating because we were bringing way too much fun, excitement and attention to the entire sport of college baseball. Vitello's Tennessee baseball program is a pariah to many of these pious, old school baseball losers.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Clemson was 1-2.