2024 Recruiting Class Thread

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by govols182, Oct 16, 2022.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If I was a parent of any Div I Talent, my ass would never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever (ad infinitum) get on a message board for any reason what-so-ever.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I would, and talk shit about my child. "He never could catch!"

justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  3. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

My impression of parents getting on message boards is that they want attention. Maybe I'm wrong, but when I read how they (posters at the other place) suck up to the parent, I wonder what the motive is to post. But that's just one man's opinion.

Memtownvol likes this.
  4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

My impression of moms on a board is they are there to defend their baby, or will end up with this being their role at some point. Sooner or later, someone will criticize their boy and tell her a "Piss off, I can say whatever I want..." sort of message and it will deteriorate from there. It's more pronounced when the person clearly isn't what we'll call very sophisticated. Arian Foster's mom should be a cautionary tale for all prospective athlete's parents.

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Dooz and FumbleMom is still one of the best things to ever happen on VN.

justingroves likes this.
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Foster, Australian for fumble

utvol0427 and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Dooz argued on a message board with a players mom?

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You sound surprised

warhammer likes this.
  9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Arian Foster's mom showed up on VN while he was here under the username FosterMomand was around for a bit while providing some good insight into the team. Inevitably, it led to her getting defensive when anyone pointed out Foster's knack for costly fumbles, she started throwing out insults towards everyone and generally being shitty, Dooz posted a picture on her birthday of Arian fumbling a cake that said Happy Birthday FumbleMom, and people started using "Foster: Australian for Fumble" as play on the beer commercials.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

11. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Boo Carter didn’t play for Chattanooga Christian tonight for “undisclosed reasons”

Rumors on other sites that he was kicked off the team

12. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Maybe his momma will chime in an set the record straight.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's a handful

14. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Carter is officially no longer enrolled at CCS. I think he was kicked off but they wouldn’t say the reason for his departure.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He supposedly smacked a girl on the ass and she's pressing charges

16. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

If so his mom should stop posting on message boards and getting ultra offended.

Memtownvol and Volgrad98 like this.
  17. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Apparently he’s going to enroll at Brainerd, where he’s zoned.

Probably his only remaining option if his family can’t afford to move and he won’t get a second chance at a private school in Chatt

It’s among the poorest neighborhoods in the city, so I’m guessing that’s indeed the case.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I hope he can stay out of trouble

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Boo Carter's mom back on the message board at the VN site and it's a damn mess. Just stupid all around. She clapped back at someone saying the Vols were ranked #1 and she snapped back to say we were ranked #5 and she was going to keep us "humble".

20. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

No chance this ends well. Glad I’m not over there.

TennTradition and justingroves like this.